• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cowan, Rogers and Khawaja are patient batsmen, but they aren't always slow. Cook and Trott don't have issues batting together for example.
Which is why I said 'some periods' not all the time.

Aussie bats not named Clarke have gotten out to stupid shots quite regularly especially if bogged down.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd wait and see. They showed a lot of faith in Bresnan pre-op, even though he was hampered and he adds the batting depth which Flower loves, which may be a factor when number 6 is still so open. Finn has only really came in to replace Bresnan so I wouldn't be shocked to see him below him in the pecking order if Bresnan returns and is more like his old self.
If Bresnan's back to his old self then he has to play in front of Finn.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I note Bresnan took 4-41 on return to county cricket. The issue I have with Bresnan for Australia's sake is that England become ever harder to bowl out cheaply twice.

I see Cowan is 55*, his second half century in 3 in innings, so a decent enough start for him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been on Cricinfo the whole of today. Got through all of Chris Roger's scorecards and fapped to his 50+ average multiple times. He's a gun, I don't need to see him play to believe it. Can't wait till he shuts his critics up.

uvelocity

International Coach
Oh wait he's been banned. ffs.
seriously? thats crap. hope it wasn't for his attempts to piss me off, which I'll go on record that I didn't report any posts (yet to report any post ever on here)

#neverwrong but does know his ****, so is still right most of the time and a deadset asset to the site.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
seriously? thats crap. hope it wasn't for his attempts to piss me off, which I'll go on record that I didn't report any posts (yet to report any post ever on here)

#neverwrong but does know his ****, so is still right most of the time and a deadset asset to the site.
It's just 7 days bro

uvelocity

International Coach
still pretty gammin
you have many things to do in singapore such as put out fires
he lives in wollongong man. wollongong.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Bl**dy Johnson's going to end up in the squad isn't he? Australia somehow can never manage to be rid of him. Don't do it selectors. I'm begging you!!!

Overall though, I like the 30. I mean, judging historically, it's sh*** and it's England's Ashes to lose, but it's certainly a lot more credible than the rabble that was picked for India. Smith was unlucky though. I like him and am hoping he steps up in the future.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
A decent squad from the selectors. Glad there's no MJ or Maxwell. 1 day in and Harris is injured, oh boy. England can't be worried about our bowlers. Odds on they will see more physio tables than batsmen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

why don't you go gay marry him then?