• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

the big bambino

International Captain
I think our fast bowling has potential but hasn't proven itself yet. I think Bird could be the one who gives us a winning edge but we are pretty much locked into Pattinson Siddle and Starc ahead of him.

On history if we get 3 tests out of Harris we'll do well. Gideon thinks the 1st test is the place to play 4 pace men so it'd be convenient to slip Harris in without dropping one of Starc or Siddle for him. That choice might have to come in subsequent tests and if Harris is unfit then its Bird for mine.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah rogers is cowan/hughes insurance imo. and a good move too.

got to say i rate our bowling attack miles higher than englands, but their batting higher than ours.
No way is it miles better. A lot depends on what bowlers actually get on the pitch, and that applies to both sides.

Hughes is the one Australian batsman other than Clarke that I am worried about. Think he is the only one that could potentially score a load of runs on a regular basis, he could also go very badly of course, his form is going to be really important.

Spark

Global Moderator
Honestly I don't think what bowlers get on the pitch isn't that important for us - within reason, of course - insofar as I would say that Harris is the clear leader, but there's actually not all that much to separate the rest of Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Bird. They all have their ups and downs and you could make a strong case for playing any of them (though I have my preference, obviously), and I think they'd all go just fine (though Patto and Starc especially might be a bit hot/cold)

uvelocity

International Coach
No way is it miles better. A lot depends on what bowlers actually get on the pitch, and that applies to both sides.
given any standard test match wicket in its various forms i expect our guys to be more threatening than your guys bar anderson. but i agree with the others mentioning tremlett, i just don't expect to see him. if you go in with him as well there isn't as much in it imo.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
regarding tremlett, I think he is down the pecking order atm, Graham Onions will probably make an appearance before him.

Pothas

given any standard test match wicket in its various forms i expect our guys to be more threatening than your guys bar anderson. but i agree with the others mentioning tremlett, i just don't expect to see him. if you go in with him as well there isn't as much in it imo.
Are the chances of Harris playing that much greater than Tremlett though?

A fit Tremlett, Anderson and Broad is a good attack in England.

Pothas

Honestly I don't think what bowlers get on the pitch isn't that important for us - within reason, of course - insofar as I would say that Harris is the clear leader, but there's actually not all that much to separate the rest of Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Bird. They all have their ups and downs and you could make a strong case for playing any of them (though I have my preference, obviously), and I think they'd all go just fine (though Patto and Starc especially might be a bit hot/cold)
Would say that Harris and Pattinson are comfortably ahead of the others though wouldn't you?

uvelocity

International Coach
harris is in 100%

tremlett even when last fit wasn't picked

broad has done well at times to my great surprise and i still don't think he knew how he did it

social

Are the chances of Harris playing that much greater than Tremlett though?

A fit Tremlett, Anderson and Broad is a good attack in England.
Depends on the day of the week

Fit atm and playing in the IPL after bowling very well at the end of the fc season

Given that the squad has just been named, fully expect a break-down soon

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
given any standard test match wicket in its various forms i expect our guys to be more threatening than your guys bar anderson.
A lot of that depends which Broad turns up - if he's returned to his best then he'll be a huge threat. If he decides to revert to banging it in then that's another story.