• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Australia whitewashed the Poms in the recently-concluded blind Ashes, 3-0. An omen, perhaps?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unless it's unusally dry in England next year, I think it'll be a bowlers' series with a couple of clutch tons making the difference either way.

I hope it is anyway, because they seem to produce the best series.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Unless it's unusally dry in England next year, I think it'll be a bowlers' series with a couple of clutch tons making the difference either way.

I hope it is anyway, because they seem to produce the best series.
Yeah I think given the strengths of the two sides it will be. Should be a good series tbh.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
I think your method is the only way anyone will see Clarke holding the little urn next year, or the year after.

:D

flibbertyjibber

Good to see the tourists start at Taunton on the road to dishearten the bowlers then off to Floodville. Can see them turning up well undercooked for Trent Bridge.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Two games doesn't seem enough preparation, but I guess most of the team will be over there already with the Champions Trophy.

If they were serious, they'd have the non-ODI playing guys over in England for a good two to three weeks before the tour started.

uvelocity

International Coach
so 16/9/13 is the last game on this tour

followed by champions league t20
7 odi's in india in oct

next ashes starting in nov 2013

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
His conversion rate took a hammering when he got the captaincy. Other than that I don't think he's declined much since his recall in 2008. In fact it was very similar to this summer- runs against a fairly weak side touring in May before getting owned by Morkel and co. in July and August.

His weaknesses have become very high-profile though. In '09 Australia stayed over the wicket to him the entire time and he punished them. Can't see them making that mistake again this time next year.
We don't have a guy who naturally moves the ball away from the left hander though. It's what you need to be doing to be effective from around the wicket.

Our left armer, the best candidate, was Johnson who slides it into the left hander.

benchmark00

We don't have a guy who naturally moves the ball away from the left hander though. It's what you need to be doing to be effective from around the wicket.

Our left armer, the best candidate, was Johnson who slides it into the left hander.
Not sure if you're aware of Mitchell Starc.

Spikey

I think he was speaking in past tense about 2009

that said, if he wasn't, Michael Hussey could probably give bowling left handed a shot and be better than MJ at it