Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    It's called hosting.

We're not the BCCI.
    They gave Australia two strong teams in the Ind A and BP XI tbf. England got 3, 2 of them were **** sides (Mumbai A and Haryana) but they still managed to do well against them.
    Last edited by Daemon; 27-03-2013 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Bell would probably be Australia's vice captain.

That is hilarious.
    Not half as hilarious as Watson being Australia's vice captain though.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Not half as hilarious as Watson being Australia's vice captain though.
    Best bit is dropping him for disciplinary reasons then bringing him back as captain next match. Makes the KP affair seem like a storm in a teacup.

International Captain
    I'm really looking forward to this series. It makes a change to see both teams so full of holes with unproven Test players. I think one or two of the new Australian faces might surprise people. I think Compton might surprise a few people as well - but only if he comes out to bat wearing a red nose and funny hat.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quick question which isn't so relevant nowadays: why did counties so often field 2nd XIs against touring Australian teams? Was it on decree of the MCC to give them less of a warm-up/hide Test players or was it just seen by counties as a chance to rest the starting players without jeopardizing their CC rank?
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    Quick question which isn't so relevant nowadays: why did counties so often field 2nd XIs against touring Australian teams? Was it on decree of the MCC to give them less of a warm-up/hide Test players or was it just seen by counties as a chance to rest the starting players without jeopardizing their CC rank?
    The latter.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Best bit is dropping him for disciplinary reasons then bringing him back as captain next match. Makes the KP affair seem like a storm in a teacup.
    yeah because the watson dropping involved him giving dhoni inside info against his teammates and dragged on for weeks through the press
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Yeah, if anything, Watson's was the storm in the teacup because it all resolved so quickly and painlessly.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    On top of that, the respective "It's Tough Being Me" threads have 718 replies for KP and 55 for Watto.

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Bell has had a couple of lean years for sure, but still managed to ave 33.6 (2011) and 38.25 (2012)..........should we see how that stacks up against the Aussie top 6
    You sure about those averages? I thought his figures were pretty stellar in 2011 and probably worse than 38 in 2012.

Beyond that, his figures in the tougher series (Pakistan in UAE, SA and India) shouldn't be glossed over by the relatively easy runs in other series.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    He means 2012 and 2013. Not sure why his India series figures (43.00) need glossing over though.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    He means 2012 and 2013. Not sure why his India series figures (43.00) need glossing over though.
    But he played one bad shot that looks funny on youtube.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    On top of that, the respective "It's Tough Being Me" threads have 718 replies for KP and 55 for Watto.
    Maybe that is because one is a class player and the other is a dick nobody cares about?

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post

Sorry my bad.....typo. Yes it was 2012 and 2013 I was referring to. And good point about his ave in India too..........only M Clarke bettered that for the Aussies over there.

So my point remains. The Aussies can and will continue to LOL at Bell........but he'd still be their second best batsmen.

Probably because KP actually performs and people were concerned about the prospect of losing him long-term from the England team.

Anyway, I know people like Cowan b/c he tries hard and is generally the only guy with a brain-cell who doesn't present as a bogan in the Australian XI, but I don't hold high hopes for him. He's limited, +30 and can't see him making big tons (or even tons) in England. Hope I'm wrong as he's sure to start but my hopes rest with Hughes. They're not high hopes; more a glimmer that he'll find a way to work with that 'wonderful' technique and score big. Can't see Warner succeeding so maybe Hughes could even move to opening which I'd prefer.
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

Thread Information