• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
sorry you are right, 500 days. was concentrating on the **** and stuffed up.

not the first time that has happened and definitely won't be the last.

howardj

International Coach
Deal in facts though, and take the personalities out of it

The last two years, Haddin's batting went to the dogs

See Stats guru

That said, you could probably make a case for him to tour India last month, given our crappiness against spin.

And he's keeping, let's be honest, has never been great.

Take the rose coloured glasses off

But if you think 36 year olds improve, and that he's cherry ripe for a recall, then that's good

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

See Stats guru

That said, you could probably make a case for him to tour India last month, given our crappiness against spin.

But if you think 36 year olds improve, and that he's cherry ripe for a recall, then that's good
Benchy's face right now:

the big bambino

International Captain
Can we keep the Haddin love in perspective please. Wade's biggest sin is making Haddin look good in comparison. Anyway its not the worst decn. Not like picking Marsh. Just shows how crazy unsettled we are atm. Wade was meant to be the future. Selectors were sure of that. Now we've gone back to it instead.

Now if I was paranoid and Watson I might worry abt these developments. If there's talk of playing both keepers then someone has to shift. Watson just might be above that line but I'd be thinking abt Wade's little bowling stint in a recent home test. 132 clicks aint bad for a 5th bowling option. Get interested in bowling again Shane. I'd say to myself.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf howard is right. I only think Wade is crap because of his personality. If I look beyond his personality and all the dropped catches and missed stumpings, Wade has been in fact amazing with the gloves.

and yeah, tbf, if I run Haddin's FC stats for last season through stats guru using the 'no personalities' filter it doesn't even say he averaged 52!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree that Haddin shouldn't be painted like a God or anything because of Wade's ****ness. But the fact is no one is saying Haddin right now is the best wicket keeper/batsman Australia has ever produced or anything like that. All they are saying is he is better than Wade as a keeper, batsman and leader. Why the **** would you not pick him? Because he's 36? Nah.

howardj

International Coach
tbf howard is right. I only think Wade is crap because of his personality. If I look beyond his personality and all the dropped catches and missed stumpings, Wade has been in fact amazing with the gloves.

and yeah, tbf, if I run Haddin's FC stats for last season through stats guru using the 'no personalities' filter it doesn't even say he averaged 52!!!
No chief, I meant look beyond Haddin's personality, and your Mister Wright-like love for all things NSW

Seriously, go play in the domestic thread, and leave the international stuff to people with some perspective

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Averages 52 for the season. 80 times the keeper Wade is.

Let's retain Wade.

This is the perspective we're all striving for.

uvelocity

International Coach
i'd not be opposed to the pair of them. i mean i'd rather wade as a batsman only at this point than marsh, voges, bailey, usman, doolan, forrest et cetera

dermo

International Vice-Captain

See Stats guru

nah no way was his batting poor for the 2 years prior to being dropped. his last test series was india 11/12 and the ashes prior to that 10/11 he averaged 45 and was our second best batsmen. and he's made **** loads of runs in fc cricket this season to.

and he might not be marsh with the gloves but hes miles ahead of wade.

and all this **** about him being 35, who gives a **** we've got the 2 most important series coming in the next 6 months, we dont need to build a ****ing team for 3 years time we need it now