Page 48 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

  1. #706
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,485
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    wish we could organise bangers to come here and play aussie a on short notice
    Should do some of the old Aus vs Aus A matches again tbh. Bowling would certainly stack up.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  2. #707
    International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    4,187
    I find it wonderful that several guys who can't average 40 in FC cricket are now strongly considered to be in the top 6 batsmen in Aus.

  3. #708
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    B00nchm00rks batsmen outside the XI who are better batsmen than Wade:

    • Khawaja
    • D00lan
    • Shaun Marsh
    • Haddin
    • David Hussey
    • Joe Burns
    • George Bailey
    • Steve Smith
    • Shane Watson
    • Andrew McDonald


    Et al.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  4. #709
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    I find it wonderful that several guys who can't average 40 in FC cricket are now strongly considered to be in the top 6 batsmen in Aus.
    Should probably just print out a heap of cricinfo sheets and play that instead hey?


  5. #710
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,774
    d00lan has something about him. want to see more. m.waugh like laziness in strokeplay
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

  6. #711
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Should do some of the old Aus vs Aus A matches again tbh. Bowling would certainly stack up.
    mate everyone wants to see that. triseries of nsw v aus v aus a

    or seriously touring side v aus v aus a, 2 short tri series would pack the grounds

  7. #712
    International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    4,187
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Should probably just print out a heap of cricinfo sheets and play that instead hey?
    Ah come on, I didn't advocate that as the only way of measuring them up, its more symbolic of where Australian batsmanship is atm and that's enjoyable.

  8. #713
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Ah come on, I didn't advocate that as the only way of measuring them up, its more symbolic of where Australian batsmanship is atm and that's enjoyable.
    Yeah, Australian cricket is at a point where quality young batsmen are getting opportunities, whereas back in the 90's, early 00's you had seasoned pros who had the opportunity to learn their game in FC cricket, blokes like Maher, Love, Lehmann were making stacks of runs because they were at the top of their game playing shield attacks. These days Australia have a lot of unproven talent in the batting ranks, and they're getting the opportunities. If you made them play FC cricket for the next ten years they'd probs get their average up higher towards 50 but that's where Australian crickets at.

  9. #714
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,073
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    B00nchm00rks batsmen outside the XI who are better batsmen than Wade:

    • Khawaja
    • D00lan
    • Shaun Marsh
    • Haddin
    • David Hussey
    • Joe Burns
    • George Bailey
    • Steve Smith
    • Shane Watson
    • Andrew McDonald


    Et al.
    It must have been hard for you to include George Bailey.

    So far Wade has certainly done well against the two tier two opponents that he's come across, against SA he was just reasonable.

    If we are talking about Test matches, I think Wade has looked far more assured compared to Khawaja, Marsh, Smith and McDonald.

  10. #715
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,774
    macca wasn't that bad. wadey benefited from batting a lot lower than ussie and smarsh though

  11. #716
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    macca wasn't that bad. wadey benefited from batting a lot lower than ussie and smarsh though
    Yes exactly.

  12. #717
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,774
    framing that positive reply

  13. #718
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Next to your Cold Chisel collection I'm guessing.

  14. #719
    International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    4,187
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Yeah, Australian cricket is at a point where quality young batsmen are getting opportunities, whereas back in the 90's, early 00's you had seasoned pros who had the opportunity to learn their game in FC cricket, blokes like Maher, Love, Lehmann were making stacks of runs because they were at the top of their game playing shield attacks. These days Australia have a lot of unproven talent in the batting ranks, and they're getting the opportunities. If you made them play FC cricket for the next ten years they'd probs get their average up higher towards 50 but that's where Australian crickets at.
    There's a dearth in this middle generation though, that's for sure. The seasoned pros of these times aren't piling on the runs when they should be at the top of their game, guys like Bailey, White, Klinger etc. which is an issue when you're relying almost entirely on young, inexperienced guys who probably aren't quite ready. Even the late 20 year olds like Cowan and Marsh look out of their depth. I mean its hard to believe Peter Forrest was being seriously considered in the very recent past.

  15. #720
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,774
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Next to your Cold Chisel collection I'm guessing.
    well the last post out of cw's almost gone



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Home Ashes to return to free-to-air TV
    By four_or_six in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 17-11-2009, 10:11 AM
  2. Ashes Coming Home
    By SurreyFan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-09-2009, 05:41 AM
  3. Herald Sun's Top 50 Ashes Legends
    By The Sean in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-07-2009, 01:53 PM
  4. The Google Ashes
    By superkingdave in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-06-2009, 01:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •