• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
After seeing the Aussie bats fail at home as soon as there was assistance to the bowlers there is reason for pessimism. The ball will move in England and most of the bats haven't shown they can cope with that. Ffs we made the SL medium pacers look gun. Unless they get confused by all the lefties and bowl on leg there will be problems.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aside from Anderson, all of England's seamers are very ordinary

Having said that, they have the advantage of bowling at our batsmen

I fully expect England to win the Ashes but to lose at least one test where our bowlers roll them over or Warner shows up for a cameo

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Broad most certainly isn't ordinary in England.
He's nothing special.

Finn has good bounce but is too slow to be a real enforcer.

Pattinson will be the leading wicket taker and by a fair margin.

90mp/h outswingers with a bit of seam, perfectly suited to England I would of thought.

Flem274*

123/5
:lol:

You'e so wrong about so many things.

I've just been watching Finn and he's high 130s to mid 140s.

I'm also not English. Thank goodness.

Last edited:

sphynx

U19 Debutant
:lol:

You'e so wrong about so many things.

I've just been watching Finn and he's high 130s to mid 140s.

I'm also not English. Thank goodness.

The NZ guns are playing up then.

He's no quicker than Broad.

Backed up by the NZ commentators this morning.

Said whilst Finn has good bounce, lacks genuine pace.

Spark

Global Moderator
?

Your standards have dropped since Freddy and Harmison.

Pretty much all your quicks bowl low to mid 130's. Finn's the same.

If the pitch isn't helping out, they are pretty pedestrian.
You really haven't seen them bowl much, have you?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OK, so Indian tests have finished, we were ****ing awful and a heap of players shouldnt be selected for Australia in the foreseeable future

I know the usual suspects will say the potential replacements are no better - BULL****

Even if we ignore somebody like Chris Rogers (who is, was and forever will be a better player than someone like Cowan even at the age of 35) just how ****ing good do you need to be to average 25 or whatever it is that Watson has average for the last 3 years?

The bottom line is that there are a truckload of players in domestic cricket that could do the same, we wouldnt have to pay them a base salary of $1.5 million per year to do it and if we continue to accept mediocrity (and that is being ****ing generous to Watson's batting) then the team will never improve