• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Been having a debate with my friend on this point. Curious to see CW's view.

Will any Australian fast bowler play 5 Ashes tests - not taking into account injury? By that I mean, will any fast bowler not be rotated/rested?

I reckon that a fast bowler will play 5 tests but my mate doesn't.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Surely with this ridiculous set of 10 test matches and both bowling attacks having injury problems the Ashes are going to be a full-on cripple fight by the end.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
No way Hilf plays 5 now that he's out of the squad. He might tour and sneak a couple I suppose. Siddle only guy with a shot of playing 5.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Bailey/Khawaja/Watson
Haddin
O'keefe
Pattinson
Harris
Bird

number 6 is wide open not cause we have to much choice but theres just ****ing no one. Watson will most probably end up in the side somewhere but i reckon hes a **** and gorgeous george is a top bloke.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Anyone thinking England is going to waltz through a pace attack of Pattinson, Harris and Siddle is kidding themselves, especially on English pitches.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone thinking England is going to waltz through a pace attack of Pattinson, Harris and Siddle is kidding themselves, especially on English pitches.
I know we won't but anyone who thinks the Aussies will be able to get enough runs with their weak batting line up is kidding themselves. Aussies will win a match but lose the series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How many Tests will that trio play together? I reckon 1 or 2 at best.

Ruckus

International Captain
Harris, Pattinson and Bird would be bliss, but yeah unlikely it will happen, and even if it does, it will only probably be for one match.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Bailey/Khawaja/Watson
Haddin
O'keefe
Pattinson
Harris
Bird

number 6 is wide open not cause we have to much choice but theres just ****ing no one. Watson will most probably end up in the side somewhere but i reckon hes a **** and gorgeous george is a top bloke.

- Warner
- Cowan
- Cosgrove
- Bailey
- Clarke
- Haddin
- Watson (full bowling capacity or FO)
- Pattinson
- Starc
- Bird
- Lyon

watson

Banned
- Warner
- Cowan
- Cosgrove
- Bailey
- Clarke
- Haddin
- Watson (full bowling capacity or FO)
- Pattinson
- Starc
- Bird
- Lyon
Yeah, time to blood a new top-order batsman. Let's face it, we've got nothing to lose.