• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Might be a new sheriff in spin town come the Ashes, according to the BBC.

If he's as effective as the last Pakistani-born leggie to turn out for another country... :ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

If he's as effective as the last Pakistani-born leggie to turn out for another country... :ph34r:
No way and in the unlikely event that we are relying on spin, we truly are screwed

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So long as the neighbours and the police are informed when he moves in next door.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wearing a Vic top in the pic, no less.

Found this interesting:

County news : Warkwickshire tempt Sam Hain from Australia to Britain | Cricket News | County Cricket 2013 | ESPN Cricinfo

Anyone know his story? Be a bit of a turn-up for the books if young guns at that level are leaving this country aiming to play for England wouldn't it?

I mean, on the face of it, it may be that because his parents are English therefore he just feels like he should play for England but it makes me wonder if there's more to the decision.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If I were an U/19 Australian player, I'd definitely take a guarantee of being a professional cricket player...

Scaly piscine

I like how they don't even include Maxwell in the list of spinners since 2007, but include the likes of Cameron White and Steve Smith.

Son Of Coco

Wearing a Vic top in the pic, no less.

Found this interesting:

County news : Warkwickshire tempt Sam Hain from Australia to Britain | Cricket News | County Cricket 2013 | ESPN Cricinfo

Anyone know his story? Be a bit of a turn-up for the books if young guns at that level are leaving this country aiming to play for England wouldn't it?

I mean, on the face of it, it may be that because his parents are English therefore he just feels like he should play for England but it makes me wonder if there's more to the decision.
All this talk about boat people...these are the types of people we should be banning from our shores.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Time to stop being funky I reckon, and look to this for England?

- Cowan
- Warner
- Khawaja
- Doolan (or someone else youngish)
- Clarke
- Henriques
- Wade (or someone else)
- Pattinson
- Siddle
- Lyon/ O'Keefe
- Starc/Bird/etc

I just don't rate Hughes at all. Sure, once he's set he can be great, but the **** is that inconsitent it's not funny. Really need someone to anchor things at #3 at the moment.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Please. Can we just have 6 batsmen, a keeper who can catch stuff and a couple bowlers to roll the arm over. So annoyed with these all rounders.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Please. Can we just have 6 batsmen, a keeper who can catch stuff and a couple bowlers to roll the arm over. So annoyed with these all rounders.
I agree. But Henriques has done the job so far.

It is nice to have a fifth bowling option, and Henriques seems ok with the bat, so....

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If Haddin was behind the stumps I'd feel marginally more comfortable with picking Henriques at 6

pup11

International Coach
Should have thought about this before making a South African the coach of the national team.