• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is absolutely no way in the world he's a better bat than D00lan and Khawaja, to name two of about ten bats not in the side aws.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I find it wonderful that several guys who can't average 40 in FC cricket are now strongly considered to be in the top 6 batsmen in Aus.

benchmark00

B00nchm00rks batsmen outside the XI who are better batsmen than Wade:

• Khawaja
  • D00lan
  • Shaun Marsh
  • Haddin
  • David Hussey
  • Joe Burns
  • George Bailey
  • Steve Smith
  • Shane Watson
  • Andrew McDonald

Et al.

benchmark00

I find it wonderful that several guys who can't average 40 in FC cricket are now strongly considered to be in the top 6 batsmen in Aus.
Should probably just print out a heap of cricinfo sheets and play that instead hey?

uvelocity

International Coach
Should do some of the old Aus vs Aus A matches again tbh. Bowling would certainly stack up.
mate everyone wants to see that. triseries of nsw v aus v aus a

or seriously touring side v aus v aus a, 2 short tri series would pack the grounds

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Should probably just print out a heap of cricinfo sheets and play that instead hey?
Ah come on, I didn't advocate that as the only way of measuring them up, its more symbolic of where Australian batsmanship is atm and that's enjoyable.

benchmark00

Ah come on, I didn't advocate that as the only way of measuring them up, its more symbolic of where Australian batsmanship is atm and that's enjoyable.
Yeah, Australian cricket is at a point where quality young batsmen are getting opportunities, whereas back in the 90's, early 00's you had seasoned pros who had the opportunity to learn their game in FC cricket, blokes like Maher, Love, Lehmann were making stacks of runs because they were at the top of their game playing shield attacks. These days Australia have a lot of unproven talent in the batting ranks, and they're getting the opportunities. If you made them play FC cricket for the next ten years they'd probs get their average up higher towards 50 but that's where Australian crickets at.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
B00nchm00rks batsmen outside the XI who are better batsmen than Wade:

• Khawaja
  • D00lan
  • Shaun Marsh
  • Haddin
  • David Hussey
  • Joe Burns
  • George Bailey
  • Steve Smith
  • Shane Watson
  • Andrew McDonald

Et al.
It must have been hard for you to include George Bailey.

So far Wade has certainly done well against the two tier two opponents that he's come across, against SA he was just reasonable.

If we are talking about Test matches, I think Wade has looked far more assured compared to Khawaja, Marsh, Smith and McDonald.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Australian cricket is at a point where quality young batsmen are getting opportunities, whereas back in the 90's, early 00's you had seasoned pros who had the opportunity to learn their game in FC cricket, blokes like Maher, Love, Lehmann were making stacks of runs because they were at the top of their game playing shield attacks. These days Australia have a lot of unproven talent in the batting ranks, and they're getting the opportunities. If you made them play FC cricket for the next ten years they'd probs get their average up higher towards 50 but that's where Australian crickets at.
There's a dearth in this middle generation though, that's for sure. The seasoned pros of these times aren't piling on the runs when they should be at the top of their game, guys like Bailey, White, Klinger etc. which is an issue when you're relying almost entirely on young, inexperienced guys who probably aren't quite ready. Even the late 20 year olds like Cowan and Marsh look out of their depth. I mean its hard to believe Peter Forrest was being seriously considered in the very recent past.