• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Jacknife

International Captain
Road to the Ashes:

England

v Pakistan (n) 3 Tests - ongoing
v Sri Lanka (a) 2 Tests (March-April 2012)
v West Indies (h) 3 Tests (May-June 2012)
v South Africa (h) 3 Tests (July-August 2012)
v India (a) 4 Tests (November-December 2012)
v New Zealand (a) 3 Tests (February-March 2013)
v New Zealand (h) 2 Tests (May 2013)
v Australia (h) 5 Tests (June-August 2013)
v Australia (a) 5 Tests (November 2013-January 2014)

Australia

v India (h) 4 Tests - ongoing
v West Indies (a) 3 Tests (March-April 2012)
v South Africa (h) 3 Tests (November-December 2012)
v Sri Lanka (h) 3 Tests (December 2012-January 2013)
v India (a) 4 Tests (March-April 2013)
v England (a) 5 Tests (June-August 2013)
v England (h) 5 Tests (November 2013-January 2014)
Only 5 test series to wait for Aus, 7 for us, plenty can happen between now and then.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And then the great thing is, once the double header is done, we only have 18 months to wait for the 2015 installment.

aussie tragic

International Captain
The Aussie squad for 2013 (age then)

Warner (26)
Cowan (31)
Khawaja (26)
Watson (32)
Clarke (32)
Forest (27)
Maddinson (21)

Paine (28)
Wade (25)

Lyon (25)
O'Keefe (28)

Pattinson (23)
Cummins (20)
Siddle (28)
Hilfenhaus (30)
Starc (23)
Hazlewood (22)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Aussie squad for 2013 (age then)

Warner (26)
Cowan (31)
Khawaja (26)
Watson (32)
Clarke (32)
Forest (27)
Maddinson (21)

Paine (28)
Wade (25)

Lyon (25)
O'Keefe (28)

Pattinson (23)
Cummins (20)
Siddle (28)
Hilfenhaus (30)
Starc (23)
Hazlewood (22)
Lack of Nev a travesty.

Spikey to comment.

Spikey

Ftr if it's between wade and nev for the back-up spot i'd go with the better keeper, for an england tour

Spikey

Khawaja (and Hughes and you'd hope Copeland, Cowan and more) are doing county stints this year. Will be very important for Khawaja in particular given his front foot problems

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pattinson is the only bowler I am really worried about despite the obvious improvement of Siddle and Hilf.

Australia still got obvious problems at the top of the order and think that is going to give us the edge, fascinated to see he Warner gets on though.

Ponting will be there surely?

Spark

Global Moderator
More seriously though, so much can happen in one and a half years. Wait and see. I am fairly confident in saying that Clarke, Pattinson and Siddle will do well for us. I do think the English batting has become slightly overrated lately and that they're a bit fragile too.

I'm going to withold comment on the rest of our batting order simply because ats I have no idea what it will be.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not sure how the series is going to go but can't wait to see Cummins/Pattinson bowl as an opening pair in English conditions. Rooting for the Aussies as of now.:p

burr

State Vice-Captain
I still think Australia has a lot of work to do. No young players (apart from Pattinson briefly) have stood up and made you excited about the future this summer. It’s been all about good players reminding us how good they can be and average players playing above average. The batting is a real worry. Totally not convinced by Warner. Interesting to hear Ganguly on radio this morning basically state he’d be found out in test cricket. We’ll see. Where are the 20 somethings performing at state level demanding to be selected as happened with the generation in the 90s? It’s just not happening.

Having said that, I’ve adored seeing Ponting and Clarke bat so well and would love to see Cummins and Pattinson both fit and playing tests at the same time. Haven’t seen England play in years so have no idea of the quality and whether they are overrated. Indeed, I’m looking forward to seeing South Africa next summer. This obsession with the Ashes I find slightly strange.