Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

  1. #31
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,911
    Quote Originally Posted by amanuensis View Post
    So Steyn et al after just 2 tests? Risky?
    Rather him in the side even then than Morgan or Bopara. Ideally i'd pick him next week but as he isn't on the tour that might be difficult.

  2. #32
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Hopefully we can sort out our top order before these series, it could be very interesting if we do. Given we thought our bowling stocks were reasonably low until this summer hopefully the same happens with our batting. Would like to find 3 or 4 guys who could slot in easily....not sure it's going to happen though.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  3. #33
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    There's a few questions over both teams' batting tbf.

    As I CBF looking it up, how old is Pietersen? Personally think he's a fine player but from time to time I hear rumblings about his spot. I'm sure he'd like to still be playing though. The rest of the England line up seems the right age that they'll all still be about. From our POV I don't think Haddin will be and there's a big question mark on Hussey too. Ponting has bought himself time, even if his form tails off a bit. Besides, he seems to genuinely be enjoying his cricket again.

    Watson will be in the top four if he's fit, obviously, and gives us five bowlers. It'll be a flat out fast bowling war, the way things are looking.

    There's some interesting little series in the meantime, but genuine cricket lovers know this is the only game in town
    Current England side and their age in 2013:

    AJ Strauss (36)
    AN Cook (28)
    IJL Trott (32)
    KP Pietersen (33)
    IR Bell (31)
    EJG Morgan (27)
    MJ Prior (31)
    SCJ Broad (27)
    GP Swann (34)
    JM Anderson (31)
    MS Panesar (31)

    Also played Tests in the last year/contenders

    CT Tremlett (31)
    TT Bresnan (28)
    RS Bopara (28)
    ST Finn (24)

  4. #34
    International Captain Jacknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    There's a few questions over both teams' batting tbf.

    As I CBF looking it up, how old is Pietersen? Personally think he's a fine player but from time to time I hear rumblings about his spot. I'm sure he'd like to still be playing though. The rest of the England line up seems the right age that they'll all still be about. From our POV I don't think Haddin will be and there's a big question mark on Hussey too. Ponting has bought himself time, even if his form tails off a bit. Besides, he seems to genuinely be enjoying his cricket again.

    Watson will be in the top four if he's fit, obviously, and gives us five bowlers. It'll be a flat out fast bowling war, the way things are looking.

    There's some interesting little series in the meantime, but genuine cricket lovers know this is the only game in town

    I should say that I hope we prepare properly for it and send players over early to get set in the conditions. That will be vital for us.
    KP's 31, there's always rumblings about his spot for some reason but he's never been close to getting dropped imo, even at the worst of it he still averaged over 40. Agree about the highlighted bit.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 27-01-2012 at 05:23 PM.


  5. #35
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,954
    Cheers. For some reason I thought he was older. I'd think he's a lock too, certainly if I was picking the England side he would be.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  6. #36
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,954
    Oh, one guaranteed, locked in prediction.

    Assuming he is fit and plays, Pattinson will be the pantomime villain of the English summer.

  7. #37
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    49,070
    You picking the England side isn't something I would be entirely comfortable with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  8. #38
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    49,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Oh, one guaranteed, locked in prediction.

    Assuming he is fit and plays, Pattinson will be the pantomime villain of the English summer.
    Think Darren is pretty low down the pecking order now tbh

  9. #39
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,358
    Road to the Ashes:

    England

    v Pakistan (n) 3 Tests - ongoing
    v Sri Lanka (a) 2 Tests (March-April 2012)
    v West Indies (h) 3 Tests (May-June 2012)
    v South Africa (h) 3 Tests (July-August 2012)
    v India (a) 4 Tests (November-December 2012)
    v New Zealand (a) 3 Tests (February-March 2013)
    v New Zealand (h) 2 Tests (May 2013)
    v Australia (h) 5 Tests (June-August 2013)
    v Australia (a) 5 Tests (November 2013-January 2014)

    Australia

    v India (h) 4 Tests - ongoing
    v West Indies (a) 3 Tests (March-April 2012)
    v South Africa (h) 3 Tests (November-December 2012)
    v Sri Lanka (h) 3 Tests (December 2012-January 2013)
    v India (a) 4 Tests (March-April 2013)
    v England (a) 5 Tests (June-August 2013)
    v England (h) 5 Tests (November 2013-January 2014)

  10. #40
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    49,070
    Sweet, we play the Aussies in the knowledge that, having won 19 Tests in a row, we have taken their world record from them.

  11. #41
    International Captain Jacknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Road to the Ashes:

    England

    v Pakistan (n) 3 Tests - ongoing
    v Sri Lanka (a) 2 Tests (March-April 2012)
    v West Indies (h) 3 Tests (May-June 2012)
    v South Africa (h) 3 Tests (July-August 2012)
    v India (a) 4 Tests (November-December 2012)
    v New Zealand (a) 3 Tests (February-March 2013)
    v New Zealand (h) 2 Tests (May 2013)
    v Australia (h) 5 Tests (June-August 2013)
    v Australia (a) 5 Tests (November 2013-January 2014)

    Australia

    v India (h) 4 Tests - ongoing
    v West Indies (a) 3 Tests (March-April 2012)
    v South Africa (h) 3 Tests (November-December 2012)
    v Sri Lanka (h) 3 Tests (December 2012-January 2013)
    v India (a) 4 Tests (March-April 2013)
    v England (a) 5 Tests (June-August 2013)
    v England (h) 5 Tests (November 2013-January 2014)
    Only 5 test series to wait for Aus, 7 for us, plenty can happen between now and then.

  12. #42
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,954
    So we both get nice, soft warm up series' before the Ashes

  13. #43
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,954
    Btw Corrin, your unconfirmed source is confident he'll have a win.

  14. #44
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    So we both get nice, soft warm up series' before the Ashes
    That's pretty unfair on New Zealand.

  15. #45
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    49,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Btw Corrin, your unconfirmed source is confident he'll have a win.
    Yeah but he's a complete ****ing ****

Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Home Ashes to return to free-to-air TV
    By four_or_six in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 17-11-2009, 11:11 AM
  2. Ashes Coming Home
    By SurreyFan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-09-2009, 06:41 AM
  3. Herald Sun's Top 50 Ashes Legends
    By The Sean in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-07-2009, 02:53 PM
  4. The Google Ashes
    By superkingdave in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-06-2009, 02:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •