• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we are going for current world team then...

Cook
Smith
Amla
Kallis
Clarke
Sangakkarra
Prior
Philander
Steyn
Anderson
Ajmal

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Given a choice between Kallis and Ponting, I'd take Kallis because he's scored a Test hundred.
Given a choice between Pietersen and Clarke, I'd take Pietersen because Clarke only scores double hundreds in boring draws and boosts his average and hence is not a match winner

#ThingsTheySaidAboutTendulkar#

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Abul Hasan should be in everyones XI.

srsly though, I can't believe people are discussing the possibility of not having Clarke in their XI.

Am I the only one who saw him make 4 double centuries in a less than a year?
Nope..you're just the one who didn't see the match winners Ashwin, Vinay Kumar, Ishant and a 62 year old Zaheer at the other end huffing and puffing away! Seriously man..all 4 of them were scoring hundreds almost every innings.. and that too in Australia.. I'd pick them over Clarke anyday!!

Last edited:

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Been 10 pages since my last post yesterday :D

I must rate Morkel more than others, best quick in the world atm imo.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
But tbf, Sri Lanka have the best attack in world cricket aws.
Yepp!! This will be the real test...apparently Hobart will be a green top?? If Clarke can blast a few more double hundreds against THIS attack that would make Marshall, McGrath and Ambrose hide in shame...I will rate his knocks ahead of the consecutive hundreds scored by Ashwin, Ishant and Vinay on overseas, unhelpful pitches last year..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is it that when an Australian player scores double hundreds on home turfs they are meant to be great but when Indian youngsters and 62 year olds go overseas and blast consecutive hundreds on unhelpful and overseas conditions they don't get any attention? Some of them were touring Australia were the first time you know!!

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Why is it that when an Australian player scores double hundreds on home turfs they are meant to be great but when Indian youngsters and 62 year olds go overseas and blast consecutive hundreds on unhelpful and overseas conditions they don't get any attention? Some of them were touring Australia were the first time you know!!
Apart from Adelaide in the first few days, and Brisbane this year, there's very few absolute roads in Australian cricket.

Bellerive is an absolute greentop these days, just about the toughest deck in cricket atm imo, The WACA always has something for the quicks, Sydney turns, Adelaide breaks apart on day 4 and 5, and Melbourne always has a bit of sideway, low bounce depending on the weather.

There's a big difference between an Indian and an Australian road......