• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

SS1

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I was simply using it to prove a point at how idiotic your assertion that a player is more of a match winner than another player that is much more consistent just because 'when he's on' he can score runs quickly. Absolute lunacy, so I'm glad you can see it as well.
You'd have a point if I'd ever said that Pietersen is more of a match winner than Clarke. Since I never said that, you don't. You're making it up as you go along. Try actually reading a post and what it says before deciding what you're going to write. I said KP is a matchwinner, which he is. I never said Clarke isn't a matchwinner or that Pietersen is more of a matchwinner than Clarke. Never said any of that. So, once again, jog on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SS1, I thought you said you'd take Pietersen because the guy is a matchwinner, plain and simple.

If you think Clarke is equally a matchwinner, its a pretty flawed reason to prefer KP.

EDIT - even Jono is defending Benchy, you must be wrong champ.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****, do you even read what you write?

When comparing KP to Clarke:

I'd take Pietersen because the guy is a matchwinner, plain and simple. If he fires, you're looking at big scores in a seriously quick space of time. You refer to Clarke treating the short stuff with contempt, Pietersen treats any bowling with absolute disdain when he's on it, including the very, very best.
Nope, you're definitely not saying KP is more of a match winner than Clarke. fmd.

Spark

Global Moderator
its the new cevno!
Shouldn't laugh, but did

Anyway, basically all of Clarke's recent tons have come at a seriously high strike rate as has KP's. It's really not a valid point of distinction any more.

Last edited:

SS1

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
****, do you even read what you write?

When comparing KP to Clarke:

Nope, you're definitely not saying KP is more of a match winner than Clarke. fmd.
All that says is that Pietersen is a matchwinner you fool ! It doesn't even compare Clarke and Pietersen in matchwinning terms.

Educational system gone downhill in Australia since we stopped ruling it has it ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll have you know the "Cricket Forum Posting" curriculum in Australia has never been better thank you very much

Spark

Global Moderator
Mate, SS1, read your own posts more carefully. The logical implication genuinely could not be more obvious and you're making yourself look pretty silly trying to argue the exact opposite of what you just said.