Page 171 of 180 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

I'd be risking it in the 1st test also. Getting 1 up would be huge and our bowlers will be the ones winning games at the moment. Siddle is probably a lock though so hopefully he takes a bunch of wickets. I'm assuming Patto is a lock so I'll be hoping that Harris is the 3rd bowler if fit. If they dont trust him then I'd pick Bird ahead of Starc.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Before our bowlers can win games we need our batsmen not to lose them.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Obi wan Clarkeh is our only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    I'd be risking it in the 1st test also. Getting 1 up would be huge and our bowlers will be the ones winning games at the moment. Siddle is probably a lock though so hopefully he takes a bunch of wickets. I'm assuming Patto is a lock so I'll be hoping that Harris is the 3rd bowler if fit. If they dont trust him then I'd pick Bird ahead of Starc.
    yeah I mean like all of this debate about Siddle aside, if they picked Harris, Pattinson and Siddle I'd take that in a heartbeat atm. Just fear they might do something dumb and pick Starc in a three man pace attack or Faulkner in a 4 man one.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    spark pls
    Last edited by Spikey; 03-07-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    Prince EWS likes this.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

bell and his dad:

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Then like my post, ****. I have so few!
    Done.

I tend to like the sarcy posts having a dig at others so count yourself lucky

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Unusually generous for a Jock.
    Furball likes this.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Debutant
    Then like my post, ****. I have so few!
    Ha! You've got 14 and thats plenty. Start handing out a few likes as well ya misery guts.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    See, here's the problem; you're looking to judge the better quick like it's a game of ICC, who bowls the bigger outie, faster, etc. So much more to the profession and who should be selected than that. Bird has potential but there's a lot to be said for a bloke who takes 150-odd Test wicket and averages < 30 when everyone's had a good look at him and knows exactly how he operates. He's no genius but neither is Bird, their methods are very similar. So what if he outbowled Siddle for a couple of Tests; Siddle's been doing it for years now. That alone deserves respect at the selection table.

You can't put Bird above Siddle because of two Tests. He bowled well, no doubt, but he's far less accomplished than Siddle at the moment. And, as I said before, the younger blokes can come in and throw everything at the oppo because they have the reliable **** at the other end. Siddle's plenty quick enough and if he had someone reliable at the other end, he'd arc up. But it's clearly not his role.
    May as well pick Onions for England off the back of the 2nd innings against Essex if Anderson has a poor net session.

Siddle has to play, Pattinson has to play, Lyon has to play, Watson is playing. One spot left then for the rest to fight over. We need to end the Siddle yay or nay discussion as 90% of both sets of fans agree he should start the series.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    I'm sorry bud but the mob has spoken - Bird forever Siddle never
    dermo likes this.

What's trent bridge like usually for spinners? Do we really need to play lyon, especially if we have some better than decent part-time spin options if Smith plays. If Lyon didn't play we could go in with 4 quicks, and it would solve this dilemma - any combo of Pattinson, Siddle, Harris, Bird, Starc would be a solid attack. I just really fear what's going to happen if its Starc, Pattinson and Siddle. If they lose their radars, we are ****ed. There aren't enough steady options in there to hold it together if that happens.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    What's trent bridge like usually for spinners? Do we really need to play lyon, especially if we have some better than decent part-time spin options if Smith plays. If Lyon didn't play we could go in with 4 quicks, and it would solve this dilemma - any combo of Pattinson, Siddle, Harris, Bird, Starc would be a solid attack. I just really fear what's going to happen if its Starc, Pattinson and Siddle. If they lose their radars, we are ****ed. There aren't enough steady options in there to hold it together if that happens.
    Usually not the best for spinners, Swann has a crap record there despite it being his home ground but he got a 10fer at Headingley earlier this season so that tells you all you need to know. The pitches will be dry and will turn.

Murali and Warne have done well there, but I suppose that's not saying much.

Pretty sure Panesar has at least one bag there.

hmm yeah well I don't think it would be the worst idea to pick a 4 man pace attack with Starc. If the conditions are really conducive to swing, he could be a real game changer. It's just the times in between that he could damage us, but in a 4 man attack it wouldn't be an issue. Having an attack of say Pattinson, Siddle/Harris and Starc in it would make for a very good tail as well. Guess it's gonna come down to the pitch and conditions on the day...although Lyon being omitted probably won't even be considered even if it's ideal for pace bowling.

Thread Information