Page 162 of 180 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Hughes at 3 and Khawaja at 4 looks ever so enticing from and England point of view.

Despite all the off-field stuff, and the fact he has been on awful form anyway, I would be picking Warner come the first test. Rogers at 3.
    Yeah same. Hasn't been in good form (on or off field) but he has shown before he can score runs in very tough conditions. He is definitely a match winner/turner as well.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Warner is easily Australia's best opening batsman for me, but it's a tricky one because he's not playing in the warm ups. I assume the ban is just from Australia games? Therefore, there's nothing technically stopping him playing a bit of club cricket in England or something like that? Wouldn't be the worst idea for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Warner is easily Australia's best opening batsman for me, but it's a tricky one because he's not playing in the warm ups. I assume the ban is just from Australia games? Therefore, there's nothing technically stopping him playing a bit of club cricket in England or something like that? Wouldn't be the worst idea for me.
    He's centrally contracted to Cricket Australia and they've suspended him from playing. He can't play for anyone if they tell him he can't.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

It's just so ****ing annoying the bonehead had to have that stupid night out. Arrrrg. I don't think it matters that much he wouldn't have had proper practice, but it's just unnecessary complication that we didn't need. Especially seeing as though I would definitely include him in the small bunch of key players we have going into this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    He was the second highest Aus run-scorer and had the second-highest average at 48, behind only Hussey. He wasn't magnificent by any means, but he was one of the few who actually didn't disgrace themselves. The next highest average was Haddin at 45, and then after that Steve Smith at 31.80, so that puts Watson's performance in some perspective. Didn't realise how badly Clarke performed...jesus...an average of 21.44. Well, beats Ponting's average of 16.14 . Bloody shocking series.

Edit: if you take away Ponting's top score, a 51 not out, which I remember was scored in the most pressure free situation and essentially his runs were not needed (batting for an inevitable draw), his average would have been 8.9! That's got to be one of the worse major series' ever by a great of the game.
    Constantly threw his wicket away when well set and made 1 score of note in 10 innings. He was rubbish.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Is there any chance we'll see this by the third or fourth test?

- Rogers
    - Cowan
    - Hughes
    - Khawaja
    - Clarke
    - Lehmann
    - Haddin
    - Siddle
    - Pattinson
    - Harris
    - Lyon

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    No.

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Tremlett on the TV, and he isn't limping
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Lehmann has said Watson will open. That would likely mean one of Hughes, Cowan or Rogers will miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flametree View Post
    Surprised that everyone seems to be including Hughes in the side. Honestly from what I've seen of him (which being a kiwi, was mostly his giving Guptill catching practice) I wouldn't have him in the same postcode as Jimmy Anderson for his own safety. Does no-one think Wade might score more runs than Hughes playing as a batsman?

Have never seen Bird bowl at all, but the comments on here intrigue me. I seem to recall similar things being expressed about Copeland - what happened there?
    Bird looks the goods to me, and a genuine 1st change bowler who would maintain the pressure.

That said, he can't be picked ahead of Siddle.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Is there any chance we'll see this by the third or fourth test?

- Rogers
    - Cowan
    - Hughes
    - Khawaja
    - Clarke
    - Lehmann
    - Haddin
    - Siddle
    - Pattinson
    - Harris
    - Lyon
    We can hope.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Lehmann has said Watson will open. That would likely mean one of Hughes, Cowan or Rogers will miss out.
    Yarp.

Somerset v Australians, Taunton, 1st Day : Shane Watson to open in Ashes - Darren Lehmann | Cricket News | Australia in England - The Investec Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo

So, like I've been saying, Cowan's gone. Nothing short of a very big lot of runs in the warm-ups can save him from the Roginator now.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    The fast bowling situation is a tricky one. I wouldn't want Faulkner anywhere near the side, including at number six. Patto is a lock. Harris should be picked, but will inevitably break down. Bird's form has been wonderful. Starc can run through a side. And Siddle is vego-dependable.

I don't think we can go wrong really. I'd probably go Patto-Harris-Bird, but can understand the justification for the others.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Unless the plan is Watson, Cowan and Rogers at 3. What would be interesting is him saying that Warner will play with no lead up cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Warner at 3.

You heard me.

Thread Information