• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, I don't have a problem with rotation as a policy, but when it means that it's unclear who the incumbents are, it's pretty crap.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else bored to the back teeth on the subject of Australian team selection?

Just want the series to start now, partly to stop all that nonsense.
Yeah I am, but I'm over all the pre series bull**** talk.

Happens every Ashes series, I guess we all start getting pumped for it a couple of months out and by the time we get to this stage, every debate and argument has been had and the conversations start going back over old ground. Once we get underway tomorrow we'll actually have some cricket to talk about and all the speculation and chest thumping will be put to one side. All the questions we've been debating will start getting answered.

Can't ****ing wait.......6 weeks of some serious sleep deprivation coming up for me!!

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else bored to the back teeth on the subject of Australian team selection?

Just want the series to start now, partly to stop all that nonsense.
no, that's why I'm on these forums, so we can all speculate and debate about it, you could always just leave until tomorrow...

the big bambino

International Captain
True enough. I'm over posts that complain about people discussing cricket on a cricket forum. For mine I've been following the Siddle debate with interest. I had him in my side but reading the counterpoints I'm not so sure now.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey don't get me wrong, thats why I'm here too. The only thing better than watching cricket is talking about it with like minded people, sadly my circle of friends only have a casual interest in the game so places like this give me the opportunity to share my views and also learn a lot too.

What I was trying to say is the Ashes is pretty unique with its build up and we all get so involved in it for so long before a ball is even bowled. Everything that needs to be discussed or debated has been done now and it just feels like for the last week or so a lot of old ground is getting rehashed. That's not even a complaint really, it's still all cricket talk for me so I'll still lap it all up.........just think we are all ready for it get underway so we can start discussing sessions and passages of play as opposed to; is Australia's bowling attack as good as ours, or who should play out of Siddle, Bird or Harris etc.

Bring it on!!!

dermo

International Vice-Captain
smitteh has fallen to 4th in the foxsports poll, although only 4 votes between him and first. lets get the peoples champ back where he belongs

i also call for a bowling attack of:

johnson
siddle
tait
doherty

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haddin won't be there in 2013. If the WI tour was on post-next round of CA contracts he wouldn't make it there either. But because it starts like 5 days after the tri series finishes he'll probably well.
Hey Spikey,

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WAG Rad is. Put up results they couldnt say no to

(along with paine putting up results they could say no to and wade being the 3rd choice they never really wanted)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would like to see video of said jigs.
In all fairness to me I suspect I hadn't seen Wade keep when I made that "rustic in the extreme" crack.

Turns out I was flattering the bollock handed Victorio-Tasmanian. Haddin has the hands of a cardiac surgeon by comparison.