Page 154 of 180 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Yeah I think it will be Bresnan and have no complaints at that. Would still quite like it to be Onions though.

Ah well, interesting debate and not long now until these questions get answered.........17 days, 23 hours and counting

Looking at the NZ tests where two generally pace friendly wickets gave the spinners some assistance (footmarks though...) I think Swann and whoever the Aussie spinners ends up being will actually be a more important battle. So many variables to consider right now, it's hard to predict who ans what will make the difference.
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Steve Smith added to ashes squad as cover for Warner and Clarke until the 2nd test.

Fawad Ahmed returning to Australia tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Steve Smith added to ashes squad as cover for Warner and Clarke until the 2nd test.

Fawad Ahmed returning to Australia tomorrow.
    Glad that the Oz selectors have seen sense with Ahmed - he has been given a go and hasn't performed

Also good to see Agar kept on

No desire to see him thrown to the wolves but he performs with bat and ball at virtually every opportunity so definitely should be no. 2 in the pecking order

Surely you just keep Fawad in the squad or in England, for learning purposes at the very least? Unless they've done it to make sure Lyon isn't feeling unnecessary pressure?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    He will be going to South Africa in a month anyway. Probably back to camp to prepare with Aus A.

School Boy/Girl Captain Backlash's Avatar
    Ohh the folks at Harmony in Cricket are not going to be pleased about this news. I'm shocked, thought Cricket Australia would do anything in their power to get him in no matter what.

Well this whole thing has ended well hasn't it. More Cricket Australia fail.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    what sort of aest are the tests gonna air?

International Vice-Captain Red Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    what sort of aest are the tests gonna air?

And are they confirmed as being on Gem, or what's the go?

School Boy/Girl Captain Backlash's Avatar
    8pm

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Glad that the Oz selectors have seen sense with Ahmed - he has been given a go and hasn't performed

Also good to see Agar kept on

No desire to see him thrown to the wolves but he performs with bat and ball at virtually every opportunity so definitely should be no. 2 in the pecking order
    Sad to see they acted like dopes to start with. I've got no bone against Fawad and would be delighted to see him succeed, but the poor bastard has been set up to fail. And the same **** is being heaped on Agar's plate. Agar could be anything, but please let's not destroy the kid before his 21st birthday. Leave him alone to learn his trade in the shield for a while. If he really is the one his results will show it. Same with Fawad, give him a Shield season to demonstrate what he has rather than spunking your load after 2 or 3 games.

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere but Micky Arthur supposedly getting the sack. Boof tipped to be his replacement.

The Investec Ashes 2013 : Mickey Arthur sacked as Australia's coach | Cricket News | Australia in England - The Investec Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo

EDIT: NVM already posted elsewhere.

Arthur sacked
    Last edited by Justo; 23-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by adub View Post
    Sad to see they acted like dopes to start with. I've got no bone against Fawad and would be delighted to see him succeed, but the poor bastard has been set up to fail. And the same **** is being heaped on Agar's plate. Agar could be anything, but please let's not destroy the kid before his 21st birthday. Leave him alone to learn his trade in the shield for a while. If he really is the one his results will show it. Same with Fawad, give him a Shield season to demonstrate what he has rather than spunking your load after 2 or 3 games.
    I agree with letting Agar and Fawad having a couple of seasons in the sheild to hone their craft. If Agar really is the next big thing (as our selectors certainly believe), I don't see any problem with him going on tours and getting some good experience. Fingers crossed that he doesn't make his test debut against England though, Cook, Trott and friends would likely murder him.

As far as Ahmed goes, I think the problem is probably that he isn't THAT good. I'd like nothing more than to see him dominate the shield and be a huge success at international level, but from what we've seen he just seems like a good FC spinner (which fwiw is probably enough to make our test side).

Quote Originally Posted by adub View Post
    How have they set Ahmed up to fail?

IMO, they have given him EVERY opportunity to succeed (personal coaching, Aus A selection, long spells when his bowling didn't deserve it etc)

He simply hasn't delivered in the 2 matches whilst Agar has been consistent with bat and ball
    Last edited by social; 23-06-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Thread Information