Page 153 of 180 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Maybe hes trying to take the pressure of the batters by focusing attention on the bowling unit? I'd love a period without injuries so we could actually decide on and play our strongest 3 pace bowlers in Tests. Hasn't happened yet though.

I'd rather he just stfu and get back to coaching wins. You know the job.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Who are these bowlers??

Harris played 12 tests ave 23........Hasn't played a test match in 14 months and is likely to break down at any stage.

Bird played 2 tests ave of 16............he's played 2 test matches mate.

Patto, a whopping 10 tests to his name and an ave of 23.

So you're selling yourself short, you have 3x 23 ave and under bowlers.........a cripple and 2 noobs.

Anyone that says that bowling line up is the best in the world needs medical attention and fast.

What they are is a bowling unit with a lot of potential and one day Mickey might be able to call them the best in the world, but right now that is a ridiculous comment. They are nowhere near it until they prove themselves.over time and in a variety of conditions. Don't get me wrong, I rate them all highly but lets keep a bit of perspective here. It would be like me claiming Joe Root to be the best ODI batsmen in the world........utter crap.
    Pattinson (23). Harris (23), Siddle (27), Watson (30).

As you said, if one of them breaks down, there's Starc and Bird.

It's definitely the deepest bowling attack in world cricket, if anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sphynx View Post

It needs to be........2 of the first choice are the walking wounded and Patto's injury prone himself. The only one one out of that lot you can really rely on is Piddle, and theres a dilemma in itself because I'm not even sure if he's in your best 3 (assuming you play Lyon or Ahmed) Way too much talking up of this attack for my liking......they could be absolutely brilliant in this series, I'm certainly not denying that, but they are largely unproven, especially in England in an Ashes contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    I'd love a period without injuries so we could actually decide on and play our strongest 3 pace bowlers in Tests. Hasn't happened yet though.

Exactly mate. The Aussies haven't managed to put their first choice attack on the park in any test yet so how the **** do we know how good they are??

Like I said, In 2 years time you may well lay claim to having the best bowling attack but for now not a chance. It's folly to say they are up there with Steyn, Philander and Morkel......tbh I don't even think you can say they are better than ours until they've proven themselves.

International Debutant
    Stop dissin our bowling Adders. There's plenty of comedy gold to be mined with our batting.

Even if they live up to the hype by the coach we won't win without Clarke in god mode and we won't post competitive totals without him in normal mode. And with him at 5 a good seaming morning for England could remove the whole top order leaving him and the tail to rescue things. Not that I'd move him we just need someone in the top 4 to put their hand up.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Stop dissin our bowling Adders. There's plenty of comedy gold to be mined with our batting.
    LOL, they are too easy a target.

Edit:

And just for the record I'm really not dissin them, I actually rate some of them very highly but at the moment they are just exciting prospects.
    Last edited by Adders; 21-06-2013 at 06:31 AM.

the second spinner role is becoming more and more interesting, I really think Agar is in with a shot, but with all the politics involved you'd surely thing Fawad is being groomed for the spot. Meanwhile, Nic Maddinson is doing everything humanly possible to try and put pressure on Warner. TBH with our bowling a different outfit turns up each day, Siddle is really the only consistent performer, we just need Patto, Harris or Starc to fire at some point each match and we'll be gold.
    There are two colours in my head

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sphynx View Post

I presume by deep you mean they've played loads of bowlers because they are either injury prone, inconsistent, or the selectors are clueless?

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I'd say with regards to the pace attacks, it's pretty neck and neck. Australia have the stronger pace attack, but England have the better spinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I'd say with regards to the pace attacks, it's pretty neck and neck. Australia have the stronger pace attack, but England have the better spinner.
    Aussies to refute in 3... 2... 1...
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I know I keep banging on about this but I'm still not buying that.......not at this stage.

With a duke ball in English conditions we don't know what the Aussie quicks are going to deliver, but we pretty much know exactly what Englands are going to bring to the table. I also think we are holding the ace with Jimmy.

I totally accept that after these 5 tests are done I may have to revise this opinion, but at this stage as a tried and tested formula in English conditions we've got the edge. Outside the quicks Swanny definitely rounds off our bowling attack as a whole and gives us more of an advantage.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    If the Aus pacers have problems with the duke then **** them off and bring in Magoffin

We don't entirely know what we're getting tbh. Anderson is obviously the trump card but Broad blows hot and cold and we don't even know who's going to be the 3rd seamer yet. Finn seems to be in terrible form so I guess it'll be Bres, but it will be interesting to se what we get from him, since it would be his first test in the year.

Thread Information