Page 150 of 180 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Wasn't there a case of the England camp forcing a player (Bopara?) to be loaned to play for another one in order to get a warm up game? Same thing could happen here could it not?

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    In 2011 Struass represented Somerset to play against India in their tour match. I think that's what you're thinking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

It's here Gloucestershire v South Africans, Tour match, Bristol Report : Mixed results for Ravi Bopara in guest outing against South Africans | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

but your example proves that it happens every now and again,so they can always use this option if they want.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Now we're out of the CT, do the test players join the A squad for some FC warm up games? Be handy for them tstl.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    An England 5-0 win is now at shorter odds than ANY Australian series victory, according to bet365.
    I reckon they're right too, we're a shambles at the moment.

The NSW State of Origin team have taken a leaf out of the Australian Cricket team's preparation manual too it seems.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Now we're out of the CT, do the test players join the A squad for some FC warm up games? Be handy for them tstl.
    You'd hope so. Let the callow youth development projects go home and live out their last days of puberty.

Except Smitty. Smitty can stay if Wattogate comes to a head.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Yeah you would hope so but I'm not sure how much Watson, Hughes, Wade, Starc and an injured Clarke and suspended Warner will add to the A squad.

EDIT - oh and Faulkner too.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 17-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Will be pretty damn annoyed if 'off-field' commotion plays a big role in how the Aus team performs in this Ashes series. I actually think, on paper, it has every chance to be a really exciting series...really not wanting it to be heavily influenced by low confidence levels because of poor performance in the CT, or silly rifts between players, or some other trivial nonsense. Australian cricket will take a hammer blow if they don't at least show some character.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    There were Test players in the CT squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Will be pretty damn annoyed if 'off-field' commotion plays a big role in how the Aus team performs in this Ashes series. I actually think, on paper, it has every chance to be a really exciting series...really not wanting it to be heavily influenced by low confidence levels because of poor performance in the CT, or silly rifts between players, or some other trivial nonsense. Australian cricket will take a hammer blow if they don't at least show some character.
    I think it has to in one way or another. Some teams rise from adversity and put in performances well over and above expectations, most go the other way. Either way the current chaos is either going to make or break them.

I reckon we are only hearing half the story in terms of how the Aussie side is travelling behind the scenes, the reality is probably far worse. BUT, they have a very real chance if they can hit the ground running in the series. England are well known to start poorly in just about every series, the first test is the opportunity for the Aussies to get into it. If they lose that then it's all over IMO, England will get stronger and from 1-0 up it will be one way traffic. If the Aussies can win at Trent Bridge though.........game on.

Burgey, I just read that Hughes and Wade are joining the A squad and should line up in the next match starting on Friday.

For some reason the other Ashes Squad members from the Champions Trophy are in London doing 'low profile sessions'.

Cricinfo is playing it as an extended fitness session for Clarke. Doesn't explain what Watson's doing there, though.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i don't really find it surprising that a bunch of players who don't need the gametime as much as others aren't going to the aus a squad
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Why does Wade need the game time more so than Starc?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Aus A already has Bird, Harris and Siddle they need to put time into, plus maybe Lyon and Ahmed. Plus it's not like Starc won't be able to bowl.... Wade meanwhile is gonna get to play like maybe 2 more games on the tour, but will always have to be on stand by.

Thread Information