Page 149 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Has the idea of telling Watson to try and be the heroic hitter allrounder in the Cairns, Flintoff, Oram mould been floated? He looks much more comfortable with a license to play technically correct strokes and booms in ODIs than he does trying to play properly in tests. Put him at six in the warm ups and see how it goes imo.

I agree with those saying Bailey or Smith wouldn't be the worst additions to the main side either. A lot has been made of Smith's technique (lack of it) but if they cbf experimenting with Twatto then he should be in the running for number six since he actually scores runs in the whites at some level...

Khawaja is ****. He's Daniel Flynn minus patience and balls, and if he's going to play with no front foot offside scoring options and a glaring technical weakness out there to boot, then he needs both, and we all know what a good average his kiwi clone has so....

I dunno, just throwing **** out there really.

Warner/Rogers (scandal dependent)
    Cowan
    Hughes
    Bailey
    Clarke
    Watson/Smith
    Haddin
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Compton must be loving England going further in the CT. The longer Bairstow is stuck with the England ODI team doing nothing the better for Compton. 4 day Yorkshire game starts the day after the 2nd semi final and then the t20 starts. England make the final of the CT and Bairstow has no fc games before the first test. There is the England v Essex game but England will have to choose between Compton or Bairstow at that point. Compton has two more first class games in the meantime. So chances are Compton will start the first test imo.

There really isn't much opportunity for any of the England guys to get much first class cricket - just the England Essex game. Thinking about it if you really wanted some drama Cook could play for Essex during that game and stick both Compton and Bairstow into the England team. Of course that leaves Root without any practice at the top of the order before the test which would be tough if he then had to go and open. So they probably won't go down that route.

Finn is another who could do with some cricket. He might have to play for Somerset or Worcestershire(runs concurrent to the esseng game) in the tour match against Aus.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    But if Cook plays for Essex then a spot will be made to open in the England side, so Root can do it with Compton. Unless I'm missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    doh. you're right. Still I think England will have to make their mind up on their team prior to the essex game. Don't really want Root to be moving up and down the order with no idea about what is coming next.

I think they'll just stick with Compton. It's the media that are suggesting otherwise, not the England camp.

Probably, although Andy Flower hardly gave him a complete vote of confidence after the last test.

I wonder what the situation is regarding Finn and Bresnan now though, it would seem mighty strange that Finn would be getting in the test side and no the ODI side.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Has Compton been making any runs in County cricket while the CT has been going on?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Yeah made a big ton last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I think they'll just stick with Compton. It's the media that are suggesting otherwise, not the England camp.
    Yeah, I'm comfortable with Compton there for the rest of the summer. He needs to get some runs on the board for sure and no doubt the Aussies will be looking at him as the weak link, but he's done enough for mine not to be dropped at this stage.

Last thing we want to do is **** about with Root, I'm sure one day he will open the batting for England, but for now he should be cutting his teeth at test level exactly where he is.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    An England 5-0 win is now at shorter odds than ANY Australian series victory, according to bet365.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    thanks for the heads up, samuel l jackson
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

apparently coulter-nile is staying on until the ashes, whatever that means
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    But if Cook plays for Essex then a spot will be made to open in the England side, so Root can do it with Compton. Unless I'm missing something?
    Why would Cook play for Essex?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Why would Cook play for Essex?
    Read the post above.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Would think it possible and more likely that Pietersen plays for Essex as he'd get better bowling to face and that means Bairstow and Compton get a game so if KP is unfit just before the game they all have had match practice. Strauss did similar for Somerset so why not one of the others?

Thread Information