• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daniel Brettig ‏@danbrettig 36s
Compton done beautifully in the air and off the pitch by Agar. Haddin completes the stumping. Great to watch. #cricket

it's destiny

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So 30 degrees forecast for the entire game and we play four quicks plus Watson, and with Warner unlikely to play and Clarke's back rooted there's not even a part time spinner unless the People's Champion plays?

It'll end up like the Oval in 09. A shambles.
Just no way this will happen surley?

Either way, your favourite chin in cricket is going to greatly improve his record at his home ground next week.

Ruckus

International Captain
ha never heard of that one.

Be interesting to see what would happen if the pitch at trent bridge is unusually spin friendly. Two pretty woeful sides at playing spin, but it would surely play into England's hands more given Swann.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Didn't know where to post this exactly but I've just been watching the T20 game between Middlesex and Essex at Lords and I hope the Test pitch has more life in it. I've never seen a Lords pitch so slow and dry.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i've always said a good cricket pitch should have the features reminiscent of that ground's members

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't know where to post this exactly but I've just been watching the T20 game between Middlesex and Essex at Lords and I hope the Test pitch has more life in it. I've never seen a Lords pitch so slow and dry.
...it's Lord's.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Be interesting to see what would happen if the pitch at trent bridge is unusually spin friendly. Two pretty woeful sides at playing spin, but it would surely play into England's hands more given Swann.
Well if you're advocating playing 5 quicks, yes it would play into England's hands.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nothing headline of the day from the BBC

"Root may be Ashes sledging target".

In other news the Beeb would like to report that he may or may not make runs, and that England may or may not win

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah, pretty nothing news article based on two, likely unrelated comments from James Pattinson:

Pattinson said: "There is an art to sledging these days. You have to pick the ones you sledge to.

"Obviously there is going to be pressure on Root. He has done well at six but [moving up the order] will be a new challenge for him."
I imagine he probably will be a target, but I just hope he doesn't go full Ravi Bopara on us and completely flop in the Ashes. I don't think he will though. Ravi was fortunate to come in off the back of 3 nice hundreds but against an incredibly weak, unmotivated West Indies attack, and has been shown to not have the technique or the mentality to hold up to Test cricket. Root though looks like he's got the mentality, has already made runs against good sides, and got some runs under pressure. I just hope he doesn't buckle under the pressure of the series, and flops, would be awesome if he could have a good series. I'd much rather watch a lot of Cook and Root batting together during the series ahead of Cook and Trott!

Furball

Evil Scotsman

England aren't woeful against spin in England.