Page 128 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Bull****. Root is unproven at best.

Looks to me to be one of the worlds best young batsmen, at least he looks to have a lot of potential.
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Pattinson, Siddle and Harris is significantly better than NZ lineup, as much as I rate them.

If England prepare greentops, this series will be alot closer than most (especially English fans) think.

I honestly think the Australian bowlers will swing it more than the English, Harris and Pattinson consistently swing the Kookaburra, the Duke is alot easier to swing with the smaller seam and the laquer they use on the ball...............

Someone like Starc could be pretty interesting if he gets a run, he probably will at some stage.
    Last edited by sphynx; 24-05-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Harris is actually going to play? Is this something people are actually assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    I really have no interest in this series and do not care if we get thrashed every session of every day of every Test. Tour of India has pretty much killed my interest in following the Aussie team. Full of jokers and ****s.

But I will be watching just because I like cricket (and have nothing better to do...). I will actually enjoy watching Trott and Cook's batting for a change.
    things that grind my foruming gears:
    posters who state the obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    I really have no interest in this series and do not care if we get thrashed every session of every day of every Test. Tour of India has pretty much killed my interest in following the Aussie team. Full of jokers and ****s.

But I will be watching just because I like cricket (and have nothing better to do...). I will actually enjoy watching Trott and Cook's batting for a change.
    IIRC Steve Smith isn't in the squad.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Harris is actually going to play? Is this something people are actually assuming?

I heard him in an interview not 2 days ago, said he was 100% fit, and had been bowling 15-20 overs a day in the nets for the past 3 weeks in camp in Brisbane.

He also said Starc should be right for the tour games, and had probably been the most impressive with the Duke ball in training.
    Last edited by sphynx; 25-05-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Looks to me to be one of the worlds best young batsmen, at least he looks to have a lot of potential.
    Yeah, which is what being unproven means isn't it? Certainly batted well last evening.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Unproven, but probably past the point where you'd call him a weakness in the lineup tbh.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Ian Bell must be the least threatening batsman in the world to average over 40. Simply don't give a **** when he's at the crease, unlike guys like Prior and Cook.
    Exit pursuing a beer

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    How is England's batting weak? Serious gambhiring (for lack of a better term) at work here.

Compare them to any side in the world other than South Africa and it's clear they aren't ****.

Cook, Pior, KP - guns. Trott's been alright since after the UAE disaster. It's just Bell who's been ****, even Compton and Root have already shown signs that they're good enough for this level. Add England's lower order to that and I really can't fathom how anyone can say their batting is below par. It's one of the best lineups in the world atm.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I think you will find it is Aussies clutching at straws trying to convince themselves they aren't as bad as they are and have a good chance of winning this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Yeah, which is what being unproven means isn't it? Certainly batted well last evening.
    "unproven at best" was a bit harsh I thought, I would argue he is a little more accomplished than that, these last two tests he's looked better than any other English batsman.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    How is England's batting weak? Serious gambhiring (for lack of a better term) at work here.

Compare them to any side in the world other than South Africa and it's clear they aren't ****.

Cook, Pior, KP - guns. Trott's been alright since after the UAE disaster. It's just Bell who's been ****, even Compton and Root have already shown signs that they're good enough for this level. Add England's lower order to that and I really can't fathom how anyone can say their batting is below par. It's one of the best lineups in the world atm.
    Trott and Bell's form isn't inspiring, KP is injured. You throw a couple of rookies into that environment and people will worry. Won't take much to turn things around but given the quality of bowling expected this summer (and indeed seen so far) it won't be easy
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

I definitely wouldn't call England's batting "weak" by current international standards, however it's definitely not great either and it's something worth worrying about (even if not panicking), particularly as Australia have a good attack.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    How is England's batting weak?
    It certainly weak enough to collapse to a match losing total this summer.

Thread Information