• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Here's a question: what batsman and bowler from the opposition do you fear most going into this series? For me it would be Anderson and Trott.
If i was an Aussie it would have to be KP, this series just seems perfectly set up for him to show his best, whenever questions are asked of him, points (for him) to be proven, thats when hes at his best, he always delievers in these situations, the other day being a prime example.

Clarke is obviously the 1 man the English are a bit nervous of.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hughes is actually the Aussie batsman I fear the most. I think he's much better than he's shown in his Test career to date and he's quite under-rated as a result.

I don't fear Clarke in the slightest, but that's because I'm expecting an excellent series from him. It's what happens around Clarke that'll determine how much Australia hurt us, and Hughes worries me more than anyone else.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think that's quite a good point actually. Hughes is clearly a guy who knows how to make runs when he's in form or is in comfortable conditions, which is why he's already got over 7,000 FC runs at the age of just 24. His problems in test cricket have been technical and often related to being out of his depth, but if he can sort that out and lay the foundations for a good series, he could certainly make a lot of runs. That's why he was compared to Bradman four years ago. Certainly the Aussie batsman besides Clarke who you'd most likely think could just whack over 500 runs in the series if he goes well.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think that's quite a good point actually. Hughes is clearly a guy who knows how to make runs when he's in form or is in comfortable conditions, which is why he's already got over 7,000 FC runs at the age of just 24. His problems in test cricket have been technical and often related to being out of his depth, but if he can sort that out and lay the foundations for a good series, he could certainly make a lot of runs. That's why he was compared to Bradman four years ago. Certainly the Aussie batsman besides Clarke who you'd most likely think could just whack over 500 runs in the series if he goes well.
Would agree with this and would also add there is another batsman in this lineup who might surprise a few on here.On the Hughes point †?? " I think he is c??? very talented player and the batter in the line up who can take the game to England.Australia have two quality batters in that lineup , a talented batter by the name of Hughes and a bunch of below average bats.

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
With Hughes il'd like to see Cook do what Dhoni used to do to KP with Yuvraj...

Hughes is going to be middle order right? as soon as he comes in get Swann on and at him straight away.

uvelocity

International Coach
that he'll average less than 400

nah reckon that he will do worse than his career avg over the 5 tests, bearing in mind his avg against aus is higher than his career avg anyway