Page 121 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

i find it ****ed. nine are indeed muppets. put all sport on ppv
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Think Channel Nine have it, and will show it on one of their extra channels.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Think Channel Nine have it, and will show it on one of their extra channels.
    You reckon they'll show all sessions though?? I mean if they have the 300th repeat of 3 and half Men scheduled on GEM, do you reckon they'll show the cricket??? I've got my doubts.
    We are the army, the Barmy Army
    Oh we are mental, and we are mad
    We are the loyalest, cricket supporters
    That the world has ever had

http://youtu.be/bzcfFyh30_Y

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    i find it ****ed. nine are indeed muppets. put all sport on ppv
    My missus has given me the choice between the week away in Adelaide for the test match or putting Austar on. Can't have both

Can't miss the Adelaide test match, so have no choice but to put my faith in Ch 9 to not **** this up.

International Vice-Captain Maximas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    My missus has given me the choice between the week away in Adelaide for the test match or putting Austar on. Can't have both

Can't miss the Adelaide test match, so have no choice but to put my faith in Ch 9 to not **** this up.
    #Olympics
    Proudly supporting the world's no 1 spin bowler Rangana Herath and the mighty Sri Lankans!

I even made a domestic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post

does she put her balls away even at night sometimes?

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    I find it pretty lols that Australia get the Ashes on FTA whereas the English don't.
    But we get the IPL on FTA tv, so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    But we get the IPL on FTA tv, so it's all good.
    I sense sarcasm here

We have it too though I think, or at least we did.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Cowan, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Watson, Haddin, Starc, Pattinson, Siddle, Lyon.
    Would put money on England with this team.

The bowling attack will lack penetration, as others have mentioned Starc really hasn't delivered with the red ball much like Finn. This is much of the attack that was completely toothless for large periods of time in India and vs the Proteas (obviously Pattinson didn't play). Obviously **** fast bowling conditions vs India but but I would back a team with the above bowlers to look mediocre for periods of time in England too.

As for the batting...
    Have you seen Watson's running and you're putting him with the tail? I don't like the top order for the same reasons for many of the same reasons as I don't like the Rogers selection... Too many openers.

I sense sarcasm here

welcome to 2010

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Valer View Post
    Would put money on England with this team.

The bowling attack will lack penetration, as others have mentioned Starc really hasn't delivered with the red ball much like Finn. This is much of the attack that was completely toothless for large periods of time in India and vs the Proteas (obviously Pattinson didn't play). Obviously **** fast bowling conditions vs India but but I would back a team with the above bowlers to look mediocre for periods of time in England too.

As for the batting...
    Have you seen Watson's running and you're putting him with the tail? I don't like the top order for the same reasons for many of the same reasons as I don't like the Rogers selection... Too many openers.
    Its not my team but the one I'm guessing the selectors will pick. I have the same doubts about Watson batting with the tail. But really we don't have anyone atm. Plus we need Watto's bowling so he'll be fitted in somewhere.

My team contains 2 changes. First up Usman at 6 but replacing Cowan. Watson opens with Warner. Then you'd have a batting line of Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin. Not concerned at all about Rogers at 3. I think the concern over 3 openers is a bit precious. Putting Rogers btwn Hughes and an early wicket with the ball swinging seems reasonable to me.

Of the bowlers I was thinking of playing Harris first up but I don't think we cant afford him breaking down and losing the 1st test. I think we should try and hold Eng as best we can then play him later in the series as a weapon over 2 tests. Hopefully that can decide the matter. Would actually consider Bird and Lyon for the 1st test. So my side (as opposed to the one I think they'll pick) would be: Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin, Pattinson, Siddle, Lyon, Bird

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Khawaja must play. It has to be at the expense of either Hughes or Watson.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'm not saying Starc should definitely play, but the constant comparisons with Mitchell ****ing Johnson are really beginning to grind my gears.
    Both rubbish
    Both left handers
    Both bat a bit
    Both called Mitchell

Fair enough comparison IMO.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I sense sarcasm here

IPL is the only live cricket we've had on FTA tv since 2005 though.

Its not my team but the one I'm guessing the selectors will pick. I have the same doubts about Watson batting with the tail. But really we don't have anyone atm. Plus we need Watto's bowling so he'll be fitted in somewhere.
    Treat you as "The selectors" there. Totally agree about wattos bowling.

My team contains 2 changes. First up Usman at 6 but replacing Cowan. Watson opens with Warner. Then you'd have a batting line of Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin. Not concerned at all about Rogers at 3. I think the concern over 3 openers is a bit precious. Putting Rogers btwn Hughes and an early wicket with the ball swinging seems reasonable to me.
    How do you get only 3? Watson Hughes Cowan Rogers Warner. Less Cowan in yours.

Of the bowlers I was thinking of playing Harris first up but I don't think we cant afford him breaking down and losing the 1st test. I think we should try and hold Eng as best we can then play him later in the series as a weapon over 2 tests. Hopefully that can decide the matter. Would actually consider Bird and Lyon for the 1st test. So my side (as opposed to the one I think they'll pick) would be: Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin, Pattinson, Siddle, Lyon, Bird
    I don't think we'll win the first test without Harris anyway. I wouldn't trust this team to comeback later in the series either...

Thread Information