Page 119 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's a slipper. Quite a good one too IMO; should field in the slips if he plays.
    Averages just under 1 catch per match at fc level. It ain't Bob Simpson, but it's not too bad. Obvs doesn't say how many he's shelled, but after Clarke he'd probably be our best slip option.

International Vice-Captain Maximas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's a slipper. Quite a good one too IMO; should field in the slips if he plays.
    Unless he is excellent, he will probably get the new kid role of square leg/close in fielder. I would love to see him replace Hughes at third slip though, or he could go to gully where Hussey has left a spot...
    Proudly supporting the world's no 1 spin bowler Rangana Herath and the mighty Sri Lankans!

I even made a domestic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Unless he is excellent, he will probably get the new kid role of square leg/close in fielder. I would love to see him replace Hughes at third slip though, or he could go to gully where Hussey has left a spot...
    I think Cowan will stay under the lid. I also wonder if Watson might not be the guy to go to gully? Hughes maybe, but can't think of too many other candidates really.

I'd go Clarke, Rogers, Hughes in slips with Watto at Gully.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Heard a good i/v with Rogers the other day on the radio. I understand there's been issues with him personality-wise within the group before, but he actually sounded very reasonable.

Then again, that might be why there have been issues with him...

How does he go in the field, out of interest?
    Where did you hear this i/v, out of interest? Tbf he seemed to rub Hayden the wrong way in particular and, well...
    Last edited by Spark; 06-05-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Cannot see the Aussies winning a test match this year, England simply have too much for them even though we are in poor form ourselves

Its like the reverse of the old bad days, England to win 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by chris.hinton View Post
    Cannot see the Aussies winning a test match this year, England simply have too much for them even though we are in poor form ourselves

Its like the reverse of the old bad days, England to win 3-0
    Nah, Oz will throw in a WACAesque thrashing at some stage if our bowlers are fit

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Nah, Oz will throw in a WACAesque thrashing at some stage if our bowlers are fit
    Your batting isn't good enough.

If our guys click once and blast you out cheaply twice we only need Clarkeh to score and have a couple of partnerships. That we are capable of. I personally would worry that our guys would struggle more on a bowlers pitch. The logic that we could win a low scoring match is sound though.

We ain't playing in India. Australia will be right in this.

If Cook/Trott/KP/Bell/Prior score big we'll lose, but <350 scores will be beatable and we should have the attack to roll England for sub 350 more than a few times.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Where did you hear this i/v, out of interest? Tbf he seemed to rub Hayden the wrong way in particular and, well...
    Was on Sky Sports Radio in Sydney.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Vice-Captain Maximas's Avatar
    I still think the Aussie batting isn't that bad, especially with Rogers and Khawaja likely to get a game at some point. Haddin, Warner and Watson will be key names you'd think, because their success or failure could determine how we go.

I'm setting myself up for this post being dug in a couple of months time but Australia's batting is ****ing terrible.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Tbf, this is a side that scored massive runs against South Africa, who have a better attack than England, in Brisbane and Adelaide. Sure, Ponting and Hussey aren't around anymore, but Ponting wasn't doing much in his last few years anyway. Cowan and Warner both managed to score tons against the Saffa's. Hughes, who had a good home season and went OK against Sri Lanka, and Rogers will definitely be doing better against England than Quiney and Ponting did against South Africa, and while whoever bats at 6 probably won't do as well as Hussey did, they'll probably go OK.

It's like everyone has forgotten this side nearly got to number one in the world not that long ago, and did a whole lot better against South Africa than we did I might add, just because they had a terrible tour of India.

TBF, Peter Fulton scored two centuries against at least half of the likely ashes attack.

In other words, Australia's batsmen are not as good as they used to be, but neither are England's bowlers. Swann and Tremlett back could make a huge difference, but there's still a question mark there. I'm a bit surprised that this doesn't seem to be a big worry for the English fans.
    Last edited by hendrix; 07-05-2013 at 05:00 PM.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'm setting myself up for this post being dug in a couple of months time but Australia's batting is ****ing terrible.
    Seems a bit overboard tbh. Mediocre yes, terrible no. Though being an NZer certainly keeps your standards low.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Thread Information