• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
- Ed Cowan
- Chris Rogers
- Michael Clarke
- Brad Haddin
- Steve Smith
- James Faulkner
- Ashton Agar
- Peter Siddle
- James Pattinson
- Ryan Harris
- Nathan Lyon

Maybe we should pick a team from our squad without all the ****heads?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
- Ed Cowan
- Chris Rogers
- Michael Clarke
- Brad Haddin
- Steve Smith
- James Faulkner
- Ashton Agar
- Peter Siddle
- James Pattinson
- Ryan Harris
- Nathan Lyon

Maybe we should pick a team from our squad without all the ****heads?
Still have Pattinson there so impossible.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
watson
cowan
rogers
hughes
clarke
SMITTEH
rads
pattinson
harris
bird
lyon (alt. option: agar to further stack the batting)
Would go:

Watson
Rogers
Warner
Khawaja
Clarke
Hughes
Haddin
Harris
Pattinson
Bird
Lyon
Yeah I'd be happy with that side (keep Agar out of it for his future's sake though)
Madness to be happy with an Australian Test XI not featuring the dependable Siddle.

The first rule of selecting a struggling team is to the keep the people who are performing.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Sick and tired of people writing off Siddle. It's as if the blokes's consistency and durability has been twisted into a "he lacks x-factor" argument. Like averaging 26 since the last Ashes is grounds for "derp, he just runs in all day" if you haven't sprinkled it with 7-fors.

It was the same old **** before the last Ashes, and he took 6 on the opening day. Jacko can wait his turn.

Spikey

i've got 4-5 seamers i have to jam into 3-4 spots bud. someone's gonna be unlucky.

i've also got 8 batsmen i have to jam into 6 spots but only one of them is good.......

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1. Siddle
2. Cowan
3. Clarke
4. Smith
5. Starc
6. Pattinson
7. Haddin
8. Harris
9. Lyon
10. Maxwell
11. Bird
You have failed. Maxwell isn't performing.

Sick and tired of people writing off Siddle. It's as if the blokes's consistency and durability has been twisted into a "he lacks x-factor" argument. Like averaging 26 since the last Ashes is grounds for "derp, he just runs in all day" if you haven't sprinkled it with 7-fors.

It was the same old **** before the last Ashes, and he took 6 on the opening day. Jacko can wait his turn.
Amen LHC, amen.

The kid scored two half centuries last Test match too, I'm thinking lower order runs could be slightly useful for us..

One thing that I always find surprising is when you read the lets pick Faulkner and play to our strengths by picking a 5th bowler. If bowling is our strength, trust the bowlers and pick batsman. That's the second rule of selecting a struggling side.

Burgey

Yeah, I think Siddle is a lock to play personally. Given Harris' long term injury record, you would think Bird is mostly likely to play if/ when Rhino needs a spell. Mind you, Patto's had his share of injuries too, so you'd think there's every chance Bird will get an opportunity to play a significant role in the series.

Having said that, I truly think he would be exceptional in English conditions. He bowls a bad ball about once a week, hits the towel, gets sideways movement and extracts bounce. Comparisons with McGrath are, of course, way off track, but his method is certainly McGrath-esque.

Spikey

look guys, i'm picking on averages

bird: 16.18
pattinson: 23.37
harris: 23.63
siddle: 28.84

if you don't like it, take up it with Siddle.

Spikey

Haha. Sustained performances.

Spikey, if you are going by averages, Siddle still plays ahead of Lyon.
sorry, i wasn't aware we were gonna play 5 seamers again, cause it worked so well last time. COME ON

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
sorry, i wasn't aware we were gonna play 5 seamers again, cause it worked so well last time. COME ON
Well we aren't. We are going to pick our 3 best quicks, which includes Siddle.

If you are going to play by Test averages, don't pick Rogers..

Spikey

look bud, if you're unhappy that your boy hasn't got a bulletproof spot in the team anymore, take out harris and pattinson again

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Taking out Siddle would be like taking out Jeff Winger from the Community study group, the leader of the pack stays on, bud.

Spikey

Siddle ain't no leader of the pack now that the leader of the pack, ryan harris, is back