• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Suppose Ponting does retire (or gets dropped), who replaces him?

Marsh?
Khawaja?
Fergusson?
Forrest?
Dussey?
Hughes
Bailey? (my pick for sure)

Similar question with Cowan. Suppose he has still doesn't get his breakthrough in the next couple of series, is there anybody better to replace him with?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still think Marsh might get a run. I know he was crap against India but I remember getting out in a six a side match once to a bloke who had one leg shorter than the other and who struggeled in C grade.

It might just have been a similar thing with him.

If Cowan doesn't kick on I can see Watson opening again in England, or
Hughes again if he scores big this summer.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I think Hughes will be back.

Sure Ponting will be there though, determined little bastard has his heart set on it it I reckon.

Spikey

Still think Marsh might get a run. I know he was crap against India but I remember getting out in a six a side match once to a bloke who had one leg shorter than the other and who struggeled in C grade.

It might just have been a similar thing with him.

did you get out to him at least 4 times?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia First Test vs. England July 10-14 2013

1. P HUGHES
2. D WARNER
3. M CLARKE
4. R PONTING
5. S WATSON
6. G BAILEY
7. T PAINE
8. P SIDDLE
9. J PATTINSON
10. M STARC
11. N LYON

12. N COULTER-NILE

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Australia First Test vs. England July 10-14 2013

1. P HUGHES
2. D WARNER
3. M CLARKE
4. R PONTING
5. S WATSON
6. G BAILEY
7. T PAINE
8. P SIDDLE
9. J PATTINSON
10. M STARC
11. N LYON

12. N COULTER-NILE

Hussey? Unless he's retired and I missed it.

Spikey

wade is leaving a paine recall in the ODI side well and truly open. things could move swiftly from there. although i guess it would require paine actually playing a good OD knock. but if that happens...i mean they love the dude. heaven knows why.