• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Root has a face even a mother could punch, but Warner is hardly doing his captaincy credentials any favours recently. And damn you Daemon, you had me very worried for a minute.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look, it's not Warner's fault that Root started it but couldn't knock the fuzz off a peach.

#FreeDave

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Can't see Khawaja and Rogers both playing tbh. Cowan and Warner will open and Clarke will bat 5. Hughes will be 3 unless they slot Rogers there and move him to 4. Really 4 and 6 are the problem spots. Wtf to do with Watson and whoever gets the other spot. If the selectors go conservative then Watson at 4 (****) and Rogers/Khawaja at 6.

2 good pills with the new ball and out walks Watson...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think it's actually a credit to Warner that it's taken this long for everyone to find out that's off his tree.

Maxwell, you're next. (Actually, he's been clipped around the ears a fair bit in the Vic squad, stays away from the gas a bit more than he used to).

Spikey

Think it's actually a credit to Warner that it's taken this long for everyone to find out that's off his tree.

Maxwell, you're next. (Actually, he's been clipped around the ears a fair bit in the Vic squad, stays away from the gas a bit more than he used to).
i love the group of players who were with Warner: Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Wade, Phil Hughes.....Clint McKay

Spikey

really hope vic_orthdox comes back here and informs us that clint mckay is in fact a party animal

uvelocity

International Coach

the what

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i love the group of players who were with Warner: Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Wade, Phil Hughes.....Clint McKay
McKay doesn't mind an ale, but he's pretty smart about it.

Jarred Kimber saying he's the one who extracted Warner out of it.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
This trip is starting to remind me of the 2005 series.

Get rolled in a game for bugger all in a match that they try and brush off as not mattering (T20 / India warm up game)
Player gets suspended the morning before a game.
We lose the game with about 240 on the board, with a guy getting an awesome and unexpected century (Ashraful / Ronchi)...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You're kidding!

My dad used to take me down to the SCG for net sessions the day before a test to watch them practice

Players were always available to chat and I even bowled in the nets a couple of times as a youngster plus I have a couple of bats full of signatures at home somewhere

Then again, 2013 Australia are sooooooooooooooooo much better than the Chappells, Lillee etc so I can understand why they don't do it

The 5 or 6 times we have had Australia playing in Chennai, they came across as the MOST accessible of all teams.. Warney was an absolute delight to talk to and the entire group were very happy to chat around with the kids who had come to watch the practice.. They made all the right comments about the Indian players as well.. It was almost as if it were an informal media session, which, at times, it ended up being because scribes without access found out it was the best way to get some bytes.. Can't believe the Aussie team has gone from that to this... I mean, the sides I met had players that were some of the best of all time.. Seriously, WTH Cricket Australia?

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
How well is this back to back Ashes event shaping up now for Cricket Australia?

Clarke's back is f**ked. The team is a mess on and off the field. The public is getting more and more turned off by the national team and cricket in general by the day. Nothing but negative press around Cricket nonstop and matches haven't even started yet!

This is what happens when the people in charge who are meant to have the best interests of the sport and its national team at heart care more about making money for themselves then doing their jobs. You reap what you sow, Cricket Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How well is this back to back Ashes event shaping up now for Cricket Australia?

Clarke's back is f**ked. The team is a mess on and off the field. The public is getting more and more turned off by the national team and cricket in general by the day. Nothing but negative press around Cricket nonstop and matches haven't even started yet!

This is what happens when the people in charge who are meant to have the best interests of the sport and its national team at heart care more about making money for themselves then doing their jobs. You reap what you sow, Cricket Australia.

Dude, I understand your frustrations but if you feel this way about CA, God forbid, if you ever ended up being a fan of India or Pakistan or West Indies, I shudder to think what you will have to post on those cricket boards.. :laugh: