• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't get what the excitement is about him......39 FC wickets at 32 a piece??

I don't give a crap where he comes from, if he qualifies and he's the best in the country then pick him. But why is he being talked up so much?? The batting in the Sheffield Shield is clearly dire and an ave of 32 whilst not poor by any means is not exactly tearing the competition up is it??
Australia's the worst country in the world to bowl spin in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm left handed, and if I managed to land a leg spinner right handed England would fall over to it. They're garbage against leg spin. Always have been. Hopefully he gets a run in our home series. We'll be dominating too much for him to get a start over there on Dentist Free Island.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm left handed, and if I managed to land a leg spinner right handed England would fall over to it. They're garbage against leg spin. Always have been. Hopefully he gets a run in our home series. We'll be dominating too much for him to get a start over there on Dentist Free Island.
Amit Mishra came to England and took 3 wickets at 107. You do actually have to be decent.

Burgey

Poor old Mishra the exception which proves the rule. The last leggie Emgland had any clue against was Arthur Mailey.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Your boy Bell took a particular liking to Mishra IIRC. Also, one of his wickets was off a no ball and another was Bopara, so it was really more like 1 wicket at 320.

Burgey

Your boy Bell took a particular liking to Mishra IIRC. Also, one of his wickets was off a no ball and another was Bopara, so it was really more like 1 wicket at 320.
Must have been a dead rubber if Bell got runs. The duddest bash in world cricket.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
The ghost of Nathan Hauritz should be enough to warn the selectors of the perils of debuting a new spinner on a whim on the eve of the Ashes.

Sick of the crap Lyon cops, especially considering he's superior to Swann.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This Ahmed thing is actually great, he is the best leggie and probably the best spinner in Australia. With his 3 FC games he was playing on very unhelpful surfaces (twice at Melbourne and once at Hobart), so he did very well to average 28. He has also impressed at list a level, he bowled well against the England lions and for Victoria. Don't rubbish Lyon though, his 7 for in the last game in India was probably the best bowling performance of the tour (both teams). Also don't forget Ashton Agar, who had a similar summer to Ahmed despite playing a few times at Perth, he is only 20 years old as well...