• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hussey

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will Hussey's form last past the end of this series? Should he have retired from test cricket?

It seems to me that most of Hussey's runs in this series were off the spin of Swann or the trip of Finn. I think it is no coincidence that once Finn was dropped Hussey's form dropped off significantly in this series.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given the choice of Hussey or Ponting retiring after the WC I'd definitely rather Hussey retire. I don't really have much faith in him scoring in Sri Lanka (or batting well for that matter...) or against India.

Spikey

well his one over of the series was better than any Hilf over this series.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hussey player v player

Anderson 103 (203) 1W @ 103
Broad 46 (103) 0W @ 46
Finn 141 (210) 2 W @ 70.5
Tremlett 59 (119) 1 W @ 59
Bresnan 3 (28) 3 W @ 1
Swann 168 (268) 2 W @ 84
Collingwood 29 (90) 0 W @ 29
Pietersen 5 (8) 0 W @ 5

Spark

Global Moderator
To be fair, a few of those were deadset gifts (soft chips to short cover and gully)

vcs

Hussey WAG. :notworthy

Hopefully he improves his away record a bit before he retires, a few epic centuries outside Australia would be nice.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just my luck that England bowled like **** too him for two matches and he loses me a bundle of money.

Still don't reckon 'the old Hussey' is back though. Wouldn't surprise me if he continued to fail for the rest of the year

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
****, I swear I had made another post in this thread. It's probably ended up in the wrong thread somewhere :dry:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I would feel more comfortable regarding a win if Hussey was to play in the next Test series than if he wasn't playing. I would like him to play on until a batsman deserves to displace him.

TumTum

Banned
Given the choice of Hussey or Ponting retiring after the WC I'd definitely rather Hussey retire. I don't really have much faith in him scoring in Sri Lanka (or batting well for that matter...) or against India.
What? Hussey is gun against SL and India.

I would be more worried about him batting against a quality pace attack side (like SA), however he does seem to have the wood over England at home.

Last edited:

Spikey

hussey's played two tests against sri lanka. not in sri lanka. overall away from home his average is below 40.

TumTum

Banned
Yeah but he is better against spin than pace. Facing slow bowlers on slow pitches will cause him far less headaches than facing the seamers on lively pitches.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Felt like huge moments when he went cheaply in the fourth and fifth tests is all I'll say. Looked like a bloke a prime touch first three tests.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What? Hussey is gun against SL and India.

I would be more worried about him batting against a quality pace attack side (like SA), however he does seem to have the wood over England at home.
Home track bully tbh. Although of the batsmen who played in the Ashes, Hussey is the one who least deserves to be dropped.