Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England's Bowlers

It hasn't helped that Katich has had a dreadfully unfortunate series, and that Ponting and Clarke have run into the worst form of their careers.

If those two are in reasonable touch then boy do things change.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I think you're really clutching at straws if you think the scoreline automatically means that the gap between India and Australia in that series was bigger than the gap between England and Australia in this one. Anyone who actually watched both would tell you that's a long long long way from the truth.
    Did you have the same opinion after 3 tests though?
    While one match was closer in the India - Aust series it was still 2-0 after two matches.

I am sure almost all of the Indian and SA fans will tell you that the last two series of SA in India were evenly matched despite it being in a similar situation to the ashes after 2 tests -

Results | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

There were big wins for both sides in one game each in both the series.
    How would you compare those with the ashes after 3 matches? Maybe one of the teams could have one the rest of the matches by a innings had their been 5?

I am not saying either way but it is a bit unfair to say one series of 2 matches won 2-0 was closer, or "lot closer" compared to a 5 test series which had 3 massive wins for one team and one massive win for another team,i.e 3-1.
    There is no way to tell how the other series would have ended up.

How is it unfair? The difference in the standard of cricket between the two sides was clearly much narrower in India than it was here. Simple as.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    It hasn't helped that Katich has had a dreadfully unfortunate series, and that Ponting and Clarke have run into the worst form of their careers.

If those two are in reasonable touch then boy do things change.
    That's circular logic, the only evidence you have that Ponting was out of form is that England kept getting him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Simon Champion!
    How is it unfair? The difference in the standard of cricket between the two sides was clearly much narrower in India than it was here. Simple as.
    You know what this a pointless and useless debate not relating to the topic of thread any way.

But Just a simple question for you to ponder upon, did you have the same opinion after 3 tests of the Ashes were over?

Lol, Cevno. England crushed and humiliated Australia in Australia, India scraped past them with the help of a blind umpire in their own backyard. They all count the same so I'm not sure it's relevant but it's pretty much a fact so find a way to deal with it. In your own time, not in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    That's circular logic, the only evidence you have that Ponting was out of form is that England kept getting him out.
    Nah after Brisbane he looked dreadful. Regardless of what Chappelli said, he didn't actually look like scoring any runs.

Nah after Brisbane he looked dreadful. Regardless of what Chappelli said, he didn't actually look like scoring any runs.
    Yeah, he looked dreadful against the England attack that kept getting him out! It's no less circular!

Yeah, he looked dreadful against the England attack that kept getting him out! It's no less circular!
    Haha true. I see your point and it wouldn't surprise me to see him (and Clarke for that matter) make some sizeable scores on much friendlier ODI decks against much friendlier ODI attacks.

tbf to Ponting, most of his dismissals were out of good balls.

However, I do think that he is past it.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Simon Champion!
    Lol, Cevno. England crushed and humiliated Australia in Australia, India scraped past them with the help of a blind umpire in their own backyard. They all count the same so I'm not sure it's relevant but it's pretty much a fact so find a way to deal with it. In your own time, not in this thread.
    ?????

The same umpire who gave Ishant not out Wrongly first?

The second test was fairly comfortable too and India are really poor in the first test for a over of period of time now,so it was hardly scraping the "series" rather than the match.

Hell i am not comparing the relevance of the two series but just saying that it is unfair to compare a 2 match series to a 5 match series which was 1-1 after 3 tests with massive wins for both.

A bit like these series-

Would you say one was team crushed the other in this?
    They well could have if it was 5 tests though.

But after 3 tests ,i would say they were level with the Ashes with both teams even,would you not?

vcs
    Er, no. Saying it many times does not make it right.

Australia also performed a lot better against India than they did against England, it's far more satisfying to beat a team who actually put up a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    ?????

The same umpire who gave Ishant not out Wrongly first?

The second test was fairly comfortable too and India are really poor in the first test for a over of period of time now,so it was hardly scraping the "series" rather than the match.

Hell i am not comparing the relevance of the two series but just saying that it is unfair to compare a 2 match series to a 5 match series which was 1-1 after 3 tests with massive wins for both.

A bit like these series-

Would you say one was team crushed the other in this?
    They well could have if it was 5 tests though.

But after 3 tests ,i would say they were level with the Ashes with both teams even,would you not?
    I'm sorry, you seem to be mistaking me telling you that you were wrong with me arguing with you.

You keep trying to compare results. I'm comparing the standard of cricket played.

And the second test was comfortable yes - on the last day. Before that it was really up for grabs. IIRC your first innings lead was tiny?

Simon Champion!
    I'm sorry, you seem to be mistaking me telling you that you were wrong with me arguing with you.
    But you still responded.

And made some exaggerated statements,tbh. Does not make it the truth if you don't argue.
    Last edited by Cevno; 07-01-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information