• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some gentle humour

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here's one I heard earlier today:-

A lady walked into a Police Station and the desk Sergeant said "Can I help you?"
"Yes" she said, "I'd like to report a case of ***ual assault".

"Where did it happen?" the Sergeant asked.

"In the park just down the road" she replied.

"Can you describe what happened?"

"Yes, I was walking along the footpath in the park near the trees when a man jumped out of the bushes and dragged me in there, removed my underwear then he dropped his pants to his knees and had his way with me"

"Could you give me a description of him?"
"Yes, he was wearing white shoes, long white trousers, a white shirt and he had these two big long pads from his feet up to and over his knees, one on each leg".

"Sounds to me like he was a cricketer, most probably
a batsman", said the Sergeant.

"Yes", said the lady, "He was an Aussie Cricketer".
"That's very observant", said the Sergeant, "You
worked that out from his accent?"

"No", she replied. "I worked it out because he wasn't in for very
long"

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
............. and some more - quality as consistent as Mitchell Johnson but here they are

What do you get if you cross the Australian cricket team with an OXO cube?
A laughing stock.

The Australian bobsleigh team have asked the Aussie cricket team for a meeting.
They want to ask their advice about going downhill so fast!

What's the difference between Ricky Ponting and a funeral director?
A funeral director doesn't keep losing the ashes.

Did you hear what the stump microphones picked up when The Ashes skippers tossed the coin on Boxing Day?
Andrew Strauss called correctly and, quick as a flash, said to Ricky Ponting: "You lads can bat.''
Just as quick, Ponting replied: "No, we can't. We really can't."

What do you call an Australian with a champagne bottle in his hand?
A waiter.

Of everyone in the Aussie team, who spends the most time at the crease?
The woman who irons their cricket whites.

What's the height of optimism? An Aussie batsman putting on sunscreen.

Why did the Aussie break his leg throwing a ball?
He forgot it was chained to his foot.

On his way out into the middle to bat, Ricky Ponting gets a call from his wife and teammate Michael Hussey tells her he's heading out to the middle.
His wife replies: "I'll hold, he won't be long!"

What's the difference between an Aussie batsman and a Formula 1 car?
Nothing! If you blink you'll miss them both.

Who has the easiest job in the Australian squad?
The guy who removes the red ball marks from the bats.

What do Aussie batsmen and drug addicts have in common?
Both spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come from.

What did the spectator miss when he went to the toilet?
The entire Australian innings.

What's the Australian version of LBW?
Lost, Beaten, Walloped.

Why is Ricky Ponting cleverer than Houdini?
Because he can get out without even trying.

What do you call a cricket field full of Australians ?
A vacant lot.

Why do Australians call their favourite drink XXXX?
Because they can't spell beer.

Why can't Australian blokes take their girlfriends to the cricket?
They eat all the grass.

What does an Australian batsman who is playing in The Ashes have in common with Michael Jackson?
They both wore gloves for no apparent reason.

What's the difference between Ricky Ponting and a phoenix?
At the end of the ashes, the phoenix still has a future.

Shri

Mr. Glass
On his way out into the middle to bat, Ricky Ponting gets a call from his wife and teammate Michael Hussey tells her he's heading out to the middle.
His wife replies: "I'll hold, he won't be long!"
This was so famous in India some years back when Ganguly was woefully out of form. Some good ones in there.:laugh:

Redbacks

International Captain
Got these after the Adelaide test:

I'm stuck on a crossword clue "How Australia start an Adelaide test....(2,4,3)"

One delivery - a days work for a postman, midwives and Ricky Ponting.

In honour of the current Ashes series, Julian Assange has started a new website for the Australian team. "WicketLeaks."

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was so famous in India some years back when Ganguly was woefully out of form. Some good ones in there.:laugh:
It's actually a true story relating to Bert Ironmonger, Aussie spinner from the Bodyline series.
Happily got to use it on a mate one time when his wife rang on his mobile just as he walked out to bat.
The good thing about these lines is they're interchangeable. We've been using them for 20 years about England, so we can't complain now :).

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
What is the most proficient form of footwork displayed by Australian batsmen?

The walk back to the pavilion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Posted it in Lame Joke Corner but why not

The ICC are investigating the Sydney Test for suspicious betting patterns.

Apparently some people bet on Australia to win.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's not gentle humour mate, that's just a ******** attempt. Wake up to yourself, ****!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Like the crossword one - particularly so for the fact I hadn't heard it before, unlike the rest of them...

I personally loved the fact that Beer chopped on whilst Billy Cooper was sounding the Last Post.

ripper868

International Coach
It's actually a true story relating to Bert Ironmonger, Aussie spinner from the Bodyline series.
Happily got to use it on a mate one time when his wife rang on his mobile just as he walked out to bat.
The good thing about these lines is they're interchangeable. We've been using them for 20 years about England, so we can't complain now :).
This

What do you c...

GLOATING OVERLOAD

ABORT POST

ABORT
Played and respect.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"Went to see Muse last night. They showed us how to play in Perth. Up there with the best live band I've ever seen." - Jimmy Anderson, 20/12/10

"On the way to Brisbane. Shame to be leaving the lads behind. I hope someone feeds @timbresnan and tucks him into bed with me and jimmy gone." - Graeme Swann, 17/11/10

"Bres is class. He commented today on when he went to watch Eric Clapton live. "It were rubbish, all guitars". Bres for Mayor of London!" - Graeme Swann, 2/12/10

"Alastair cook faced more balls in his knock than I have ever faced in a county season. I love him more than is healthy right now" - Graeme Swann after the 1st Test at Brisbane.