• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Birthday Honours

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just missed the New Year ones, as such I expect our players to be honoured in June. A few already have MBEs, I suggest the following:

Knighthoods:

Andrew Strauss
Paul Collingwood
Andy Flower (honorary)

OBEs:

Kevin Pietersen
Ian Bell

MBEs:

Jonathan Trott
Alastair Cook
Matt Prior
Graeme Swann
Stuart Broad
James Anderson
Steven Finn
Chris Tremlett
Time Bresnan

Will be a disgrace if this doesn't happen

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be fitting for Colly. He got an MBE for scoring six runs in 2005. Made about 30-odd in this series, so a Knighthood would be apt.

flibbertyjibber

Knighthoods should be for alltime greats only.

If any cricketer is to get a knighthood this year it should be Glenn McGrath. Brilliant career and now inspiring charity worker.

It would be fitting the way this country is though if our team were given awards. 8-)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah Corrin don't be so daft, you should only give knighthoods to real legendary players.

that's why Time Bresnan should get one.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I was just thinking last night that Strauss should get a knighthood. I mean, you get them for getting a few gold medals at the olympics, and I think this is as good.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I was just thinking last night that Strauss should get a knighthood. I mean, you get them for getting a few gold medals at the olympics, and I think this is as good.
Good point. Although my view is that the trend for dishing out the knighthoods for Gold Medals is pretty ridiculous. I mean, Dame Kelly Holmes? Sir Chris Hoy? Please.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah it's the one where social said Anderson's pre-series injury was a blow for Aus

Craig

World Traveller
Knighthoods should be for alltime greats only.

If any cricketer is to get a knighthood this year it should be Glenn McGrath. Brilliant career and now inspiring charity worker.

It would be fitting the way this country is though if our team were given awards. 8-)
It is impossible for McGrath to get a knighthood, unless he is planning on renouncing his Australian citizenship and take up British citizenship instead (FYI, there is an Australian law that decrees that no Australian can get a knighthood).

flibbertyjibber

It is impossible for McGrath to get a knighthood, unless he is planning on renouncing his Australian citizenship and take up British citizenship instead (FYI, there is an Australian law that decrees that no Australian can get a knighthood).
Fair enough. Don't follow the criteria for it enough to know who counts and who doesn't anymore.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Knighthoods could be given to any Imperial citizen in the days before the Empire ended and/or before they admitted there wasn't an Empire anymore.

Hence knighthoods for Sir Gary Sobers or Sir Conrad Hunte and the like but not for McGrath, Waugh or Warne.