Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collingwood retires from test cricket

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Carlton fan praising Collingwood shocker!
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Not many players have a 40 in their five best innings.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Certainly wasn't the 'prettiest' of batsmen to watch I've always enjoyed watching him bat, and he's always had that air of a fighter about him. His 200 at Adelaide is unfortunately overshadowed by the rest of what happened in that test (he was not out in the second innings too, with the highest score - 26), but really was a fantastic knock.

Hope he continues to have a good ODI/T20I career. Unlike Tests, his time in those formats is not over.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Mixed feelings about this for me. Collingwood still amongst the top 6 batters in England if you ask me so this is a bit premature. I respect his decision, if its actually his decision, but if he was pushed I think its just plain stupid. Morgan is hardly banging down doors in FC cricket and Bopara has been a proven failure at the test match level. Hildreth the only person who's really made any claim and theres question marks on him too.

Nonetheless, think hes been a brilliant player for England, one who has proved me wrong time and time again. Hope he continues to build his career in limited overs cricket.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

TEC, I've told you this for 6 years now, but you've spelled "overrate" wrong in your sig.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Jono, I've told you this for 5 years now but you've spelt **** wrong in your username
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

I can't edit that though

On topic, Collingwood's a gun. Loved his endeavour and fight.

Could still play a huge part in England's World Cup campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    TEC, I've told you this for 6 years now, but you've spelled "overrate" wrong in your sig.
    Request your custom title now or STFU.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

England - with a long term view - would've liked to have seen Bopara be the first man in line, to help out with a bit of fifth bowling duties.

Do you think we'll see the ball being thrown to Trott, or Bell, first?

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    England - with a long term view - would've liked to have seen Bopara be the first man in line, to help out with a bit of fifth bowling duties.

Do you think we'll see the ball being thrown to Trott, or Bell, first?
    Don't think Bell's bowled a ball since Trott debut and I've seen Trott have a trundle a couple of times, so I'd have my money on Trott. I think we might see a bit of Pietersen too though, particularly in the second innings of games.

Problem is, I don't know who'll replace Collingwood, and whether they'll be a better cricketer. Morgan's pretty meh at FC cricket right now, Hildreth can't score runs outside of Taunton (well, maybe that's a bit far, but he isn't as strong), Bopara's failed at test level before and Taylor's probably seen as too raw.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Problem is, I don't know who'll replace Collingwood, and whether they'll be a better cricketer. Morgan's pretty meh at FC cricket right now, Hildreth can't score runs outside of Taunton (well, maybe that's a bit far, but he isn't as strong), Bopara's failed at test level before and Taylor's probably seen as too raw.
    Morgan's in the squad at the moment and has already played a couple of Tests; it'll be him. Don't really think it should be, but it will.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    In a better place as a team to bring someone new in though than Australia. We aren't under pressure to get it right straight away with who comes in so can give the player who does come in a proper chance and not just a game or two.

I think it will be Morgan though i wouldn't be too upset if Broad came in for him and Prior and Bresnan just shuffled up the order. That would give us a very good 5 man attack and plenty of batting down to Swann at 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Morgan's in the squad at the moment and has already played a couple of Tests; it'll be him. Don't really think it should be, but it will.
    Who do Engerland play next?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah am pretty confident it would be - would pick Taylor if it was up to me however.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information