• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Australia drop Michael Clarke for the Fifth Test?

MICHAEL CLARKE should Australia drop/rest him for the 5th test match

• Total voters

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Clarke will play in Sydney. And I can't see us going to Sri Lanka without him, with his reputation as the best player of spin (whether or not it is still fair, is maybe for discussion).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Clarke will play in Sydney. And I can't see us going to Sri Lanka without him, with his reputation as the best player of spin (whether or not it is still fair, is maybe for discussion).
Looked village against Swann at Melbourne. If you'd heard about Clarke's reputation but that Test was the first time you'd seen him, you'd be checking it was the same player you'd heard about.

Think his reputation stems from the fact that he's one of the few Aussies who seem comfortable using their feet against spinners. Of the top 6, only Clarke and Hussey seem to do it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Looked village against Swann at Melbourne. If you'd heard about Clarke's reputation but that Test was the first time you'd seen him, you'd be checking it was the same player you'd heard about.

Think his reputation stems from the fact that he's one of the few Aussies who seem comfortable using their feet against spinners. Of the top 6, only Clarke and Hussey seem to do it.
More his early Test innings in general; not many players from the non-subcontinent go and have such a successful debut in the Asian nations.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Definitely think (and have thought) that Clarke needs a break in State Cricket. White coming in though, lol.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dumb thread. Yeah he hasn't been good this Ashes but he hasn't been worse than Ponting, Hughes, Smith and is still our future hope.

People just seem to want a chance to bash Clarke whatever he does.
Pray tell why this is a dumb thread? He has averaged 21.14 this series! And looked terrible at the crease.

Australia have been very average in Test Cricket for a few years now, culminating in this series' failure, where we have been absolutely thrashed.

I'm sick of this loyalty to underperforming players, it is breeding overconfidence and not yielding results.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Careful Nath, you'll have people thinking you know nothing about Australian cricket with such recklessness.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Pray tell why this is a dumb thread? He has averaged 21.14 this series! And looked terrible at the crease.

Australia have been very average in Test Cricket for a few years now, culminating in this series' failure, where we have been absolutely thrashed.

I'm sick of this loyalty to underperforming players, it is breeding overconfidence and not yielding results.
and he might captain your side in the next test :)

TumTum

Banned

He is a good player. Thank god we didn't drop Hussey.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Form is temporary, class is pernament, etc.

Move him down to #5 first, then we can talk about ****ing him off. He's done better than Smith, Ponting and Hughes....

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Form is temporary, class is pernament, etc.

Move him down to #5 first, then we can talk about ****ing him off. He's done better than Smith, Ponting and Hughes....
I dont care about form vs class and whatnot. He has technical issues he needs to sort out.

He isn't doing better than Smith.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it is somewhat ironic that Clarke gets the top gig days after this thread was made...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Anything different would have been surprising. Can't believe this is his first go at test captaincy.