• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Jacknife

International Captain
Good morning except for poor old Colly, seems obvious, but this would be a ideal time for Belly to get that ton.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Next test engagement for Aus is in Sri Lanka. Can't see Beer playing there and probably a good chance he won't even tour.
On what i have seen of their spinners this winter i'd take O'Keefe and Hauritz.

Would leave Smith out, not ready yet and can only harm him playing him now.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay ladies and gentlemen, that's probably it from me for the night, but please do try to contain your collective disappointment.

Pretty good morning for England, putting on 110 runs for the loss only of the nightwatchman and drinkswatchman, and comfortably negotiating the first few overs of the new ball. Cook generally awesome and it is, once again, Bell's to throw away. The upshot is, we have a fighting chance of getting the 400 that we really need in this game.

pskov

International 12th Man
So why was Steve Smith picked in this team if they are going to bat him below the wicketkeeper and not bowl him at all in the first 80 overs?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well I would, but you're right, Morgan is the next in line. Should have listed him.
Hildreth is still a road warrior for me. Over 75% of his FC hundreds have come at home. Don't like watching Taylor bat. As tortuous as watching Cook. Best batsman in the country after Morgan who isn't playing test cricket is Jimmy Adams. Shame he is an opener. Had a phenomenal past few years and he is very easy on the eyes.

hazsa19

International Regular
I said I would be pleased with 3 wickets for 100 odd runs. Great session from the England boys again.

What is up with the Aussie new ball bowling? ****ing ********, they're not bad between 30 and 80 overs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
On what i have seen of their spinners this winter i'd take O'Keefe and Hauritz.

Would leave Smith out, not ready yet and can only harm him playing him now.
So would I and presumably Aus will play two spinners. Good job both men can bat, probably going to need it there.

Craig

World Traveller
700 up for Cook

... which guarantees him a series average of 100
If he keeps this up, he'll surpass Herbert Sutcliffe (734 runs) into second place for most runs in an Ashes series for England. If he gets another 199 runs, he'll knock off Wally Hammond (905 runs) for most runs for England in the Ashes, but it is fair to say that it won't be happening :laugh:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Smith is like the guy you let in the team purely to satisfy his milf mother who picks him up every day at practise.

He can't bat, can't bowl.

hazsa19

International Regular
Smith is like the guy you let in the team purely to satisfy his milf mother who picks him up every day at practise.

He can't bat, can't bowl.
:laugh:

Or the **** striker you nickname Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to keep his spirits up when you bring him on with 5 minutes left every game.