Page 7 of 241 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

This being playing away from his body? He's never stopped doing that...
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    This being playing away from his body? He's never stopped doing that...
    Stronger bottom hand, resulting with him going harder at the ball. Just asking to edge it.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Ah interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Haha, even remove that word and there's still nothing.

I suppose they could come out and say that Hauritz hitting two tons has made him a more attractive package...
    Took his first Shield 5fer as well didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Took his first Shield 5fer as well didn't he?
    That was before Beer was picked.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

The funny thing is, Julian, I'm actually regarded as a bit of a Prior-hating Haddin fanboy by certain members of this forum, and yet I still think you're one. That's how ridiculously extreme your opinions of the situation are - even the known Haddin fans think you're over-the-top.

You seriously suggested that Swann should bat above Prior in Melbourne, FFS. The bloke averages over 40 in Tests with three tons. You've gone mad.
    Yeah, Prior must've taken a sneaky **** in his breakfast cereal while Haddin was giving him a blowie. The only thing I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    See thats where the difference in perception lies. I can only speak from personal experience that retaining the Border Gavaskar Trophy in 2004 was nowhere near as satisfying as winning it in Sydney would have been. I certainly hope the Australian team isn't taking this as light heartedly as you guys are.
    This is decidedly different though. There will be no doubt that if we do win in Sydney, everyone - Australian and English - will forget about it very very fast. The Ashes are gone/won - for the vast majority of people on both sides that is the be-all and end-all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Yeah, Prior must've taken a sneaky **** in his breakfast cereal while Haddin was giving him a blowie. The only thing I can come up with.
    LMAO.

z
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

I think its time for a major overhaul, this Ashes series is gone now therefore the emphasis should be on picking a team most likely to play England in three years time.
    We just have to bite the bullet through this tough time and show faith in the young talent around the country who could be blooded in as long term prospects.
    Therefore my team for Sydney would be
    1.Hughes
    2.Khawaja
    3.Ponting
    4.Watson
    5.Hussey
    6.Cosgrove/White
    7.Haddin
    8.Hauritz
    9.Johnson
    10.Siddle
    11.Hilfenhaus
    12.George
    Clarke for me isn't even the pale shadow of the young dynamic batsman he was when he burst onto the scene, he used to play with no fear and take the attack to the opposition, and these were the qualities that helped him become such a prominent contender to replace Ponting, but rather than improving as a player like many former Australian captains and prominent players have done, he has only declined over the years so much so that he almost seems like a different batsman these days.
    Watto despite the runs he has scored has generally been a disappointment for me as an opener, I think as an opener chucking your wicket away after a after start is criminal and Watto pretty much does that all the time, so he should slide down the order and allow someone like Khawaja to come into the side.
    Also I think Ponting still has lot of good knocks in him, but he just needs to shed this load of captaincy off him which obviosuly isn't helping him atm. So maybe he should give the reins of the team over to someone like Haddin/Katich after the Sydney test and just concentrate on his own game, because the last 2 years have certainly hurt his batting legacy.

Clarke for me isn't even the pale shadow of the young dynamic batsman he was when he burst onto the scene, he used to play with no fear and take the attack to the opposition, and these were the qualities that helped him become such a prominent contender to replace Ponting, but rather than improving as a player like many former Australian captains and prominent players have done, he has only declined over the years so much so that he almost seems like a different batsman these days.
    Gweh? Clarke before his dropping wasn't test-standard IMO. He was immense in 2008-9, easily our best player.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Clarke for me isn't even the pale shadow of the young dynamic batsman he was when he burst onto the scene, he used to play with no fear and take the attack to the opposition, and these were the qualities that helped him become such a prominent contender to replace Ponting
    Actually, he was the only young batsman who looked a reasonably sure thing to be established in the test side when Ponting went, plus he had some captaincy experience at Under-19 level. I doubt his 'playing with no fear', ie playing some pretty shots but constantly falling to lame prods outside his off stump, had much to do with him being earmarked for the captaincy.

Yeah this. I don't know why people "miss" the old Clarke so much. Yeah, it was pretty and exciting, but definitely not the way to play at test level.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Stronger bottom hand, resulting with him going harder at the ball. Just asking to edge it.
    I wonder if this started to appear a few months after Lara left him? Takes a while to build that muscle up...or so I'm told.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    There were massive, massive warning signs about Hussey, though, funnily enough. Hussey's performances should be a reminder of why not to drop Clarke. I'd much sooner drop Ponting because I think he's genuinely declined; Clarke has just had a bad patch. A little longer than a routine bad patch and at a terrible time, but I don't think it's a genuine decline.
    AWTA, he'll be back scoring inconsequential tons soon enough.

Think it's a monty that the selectors won't drop both Clarke and Ponting at the same time. Guessing that both with be there come Sydney with a scapegoat, Hughes, dropped for a batter (probably Usman) and Haddin coming in at 6 ahead of Smith at 7, Hauritz at 8, Johnson at 9 follwed by Hilf and Siddle.

Just you watch.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 28-12-2010 at 07:27 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    obviously you meant for Hilf to be dropped instead of Siddle, but man oh man am I worried that Harris' injury will see Hilf escape the axe.

Page 7 of 241 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information