• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Virender Sehwag played that shot of Haddin's, people would say "that's the way he plays".

Which is crap, frankly. Dire, dire shot from Haddin. All right to go after the wide one, but you're entitled to go back and across rather than just throw hands at it.

Which is what I would do if I saw Haddin right now.

King Pietersen

International Captain
You joking, I want them all out as soon as possible.
Nah, genuinely wish Steve Smith luck. Hussey and the rest can GTFO as soon as possible, but I would not begrudge a Smith unbeaten half century, even century here. I wanna see the lad succeed at Test level, and Australia are unlikely to stick with him if he fails miserably in this Test.

Burgey

So the question I suppose is what's a middling score hereabouts? I'd be surprised if this cloud doesn't burn off soonish. If it does, these two need to be there as batting will get easier. But if it stays cloudy, something around 300 or even just shy of it might not be as bad as it looks.

Swann on. Surely needs a silly point to Smith - he goes so hard at the ball in defense.

Top_Cat

Haddin playing an airy drive nicking out, move along, nothing to see here.

Bresnan to Hussey, FOUR, well judged this leave, started around middle but the angle took it wide of off
Hussey's form so good even his leaves are scoring boundaries.

Top_Cat

Really, the Aussies need 400 to be in a decent position on this deck. 300 nowhere near enough to force the issue.

Woodster

International Captain
If the sun comes out and takes any moisture and movement out of the pitch, will probably need in excess of 300. Would Australia take 300 if offered right now though ?

Burgey

If the sun comes out and takes any moisture and movement out of the pitch, will probably need in excess of 300. Would Australia take 300 if offered right now though ?
I think so. Though if it stays cloudy it won't spin as much later in the match, negating the best debutant left arm finger spinner in the world.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What are the odds on a Beer century with the ball? Would ice the cake on this **** of a series.

Burgey

What are the odds on a Beer century with the ball? Would ice the cake on this **** of a series.
Will take 12-101 for the match tbh. Series leveled 2-2 and all the people posting how this England team is better than the 05 team will look kind of silly.

Woodster

International Captain
I think so. Though if it stays cloudy it won't spin as much later in the match, negating the best debutant left arm finger spinner in the world.
:) I'm saying nothing till I've seen him, do not want to curse our batters against him.

Am hoping as we take the last wicket the sun beams through and makes batting an easier business and hopefully dry out the pitch so it may get some purchase for Aussies second innings.

Burgey

:) I'm saying nothing till I've seen him, do not want to curse our batters against him.

Am hoping as we take the last wicket the sun beams through and makes batting an easier business and hopefully dry out the pitch so it may get some purchase for Aussies second innings.
You want Melbourne all over again?