Page 4 of 241 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    Draft the Channel 9 commentary team. You have Lawry and Slater to open the innings. Chappelli as captain. Healy as keeper.Benaud and Warne for spinners. Draft Greig as an honorary Australian and all-rounder.

I guess the Sky blokes would be needed to finish the XI. Athers and Nass round out the batting. Holding and Botham would be handy with the ball and Botham would make a great vice-captain to Chappeli.

Mark Nicholas can be the waterboy.
    Best part being we get a new commentary team.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Yeah seeing as though we will lose this match, I'd love to see a bit of an experiment at Sydney. Would love to see Copeland in for Hilfenhaus, O'Keefe in as the spinner, Khawaja in for Smith and Cameron or Bollinger in for Harris if he is injured.

If that happened it would really bring some spark into what will otherwise essentially be a dead rubber.
    Huh? I don't get this attitude at all! Yes you lost the Ashes. You can still try to win the last test and deny England a series victory in Australia. Is that worth nothing at all now to Australians?

Quote Originally Posted by MyLord View Post
    Huh? I don't get this attitude at all! Yes you lost the Ashes. You can still try to win the last test and deny England a series victory in Australia. Is that worth nothing at all now to Australians?
    Pretty much.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Marsh
    Hughes
    Watson
    Ponting
    Hussey
    Haddin
    Smith
    O'Keefe
    Harris (if injured, Bollinger)
    Copeland
    Siddle

...so what I said for the First Test.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Not a fan of dropping a youngster after 2 matches, would give both Smith and Hughes another run. Would like to get Khawaja in there but he'll get a chance next series replacing one of Hughes, Smith, Clarke or Ponting. Bollinger who should be 100% back in for Hilfy and O'Keefe/Hauritz for Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLord View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else, but personally I couldn't care less if we lost in Sydney. In fact, if we go into Sydney with the same team, I'd almost prefer we lost because otherwise a pretty terrible series will be flattered by the overall 2-2 result - which really deosn't reflect how badly the we have performed as a complete team.

There is literally no better time than now to try some new players out imo. It's essentially a dead rubber, and it's on the big stage in a pressure situation where we could see what the new players are made of. Not to mention I think we would actually have a better chance to win if the team was different...

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Watson
    Haddin
    Khawaja
    White*
    Hussey
    Ponting/Clarke
    Christian
    O'Keefe/Smith
    Johnson
    Siddle
    Bollinger

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    Not a fan of dropping a youngster after 2 matches, would give both Smith and Hughes another run. Would like to get Khawaja in there but he'll get a chance next series replacing one of Hughes, Smith, Clarke or Ponting. Bollinger who should be 100% back in for Hilfy and O'Keefe/Hauritz for Harris.
    No point in making huge changes I reckon, seeing as the next series is in August next year, plenty of time for lots to happen.....

I'd care a fair bit if we lost at Sydney. It's still an Ashes test match ffs and people are still forking out their hard-earned to come see it
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Haddin must go up the order due to an abundance of **** ****s atm. If Gilchrist played 2 tests behind ****ing North, Smith, and 2010 Ponting + Clarke, he would have been opening in an instant. Haddin's talent, and technique under pressure, is severely wasted atm. Him batting behind Smith at all, but especially this innings was madness.

All the guys treating Sydney as adead rubber, you do realise that beyond the Ashes, there's also the small matter of avoiding a home series defeat, don't you? Sydney is not a dead rubber by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Trying to win = treating it as a dead rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    All the guys treating Sydney as adead rubber, you do realise that beyond the Ashes, there's also the small matter of avoiding a home series defeat, don't you? Sydney is not a dead rubber by any means.
    If it were any other series I'd agree with you, but for me the actual importance of retaining/winning the Ashes kind of nullifies the importance of the series on it's own merits. I definately don't think it is worthless though, it's an excellent opportunity to experiment a bit, and also increase our chances of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Australian cricket is very much geared towards the Ashes, though. Even when they do lose/draw a non-Ashes series, the immediate reaction is usually to discuss the impact it'll have on Ashes preparations and whether the current team is good enough to win the Ashes. That the actual series has been lost is a secondary consideration.

I'm not saying it's right (it isn't, IMO) but it's the way cricket works in this country. It's almost applied to the same extent as other countries building towards a World Cup in ODIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    Haddin must go up the order due to an abundance of **** ****s atm. If Gilchrist played 2 tests behind ****ing North, Smith, and 2010 Ponting + Clarke, he would have been opening in an instant. Haddin's talent, and technique under pressure, is severely wasted atm. Him batting behind Smith at all, but especially this innings was madness.
    I agree he should bat 6, but I think you might be slightly overrating his technique under pressure given the shot he played first innings.

Page 4 of 241 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information