• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

archie mac

International Coach
If i was an Aussie as much as todays batting would be pleasing i would be so angry. Why haven't they shown this much fight earlier in the series?

We haven't bowled badly but the Aussies are just playing sensible test cricket.
Really? I thought them bowling too short:unsure:

Ruckus

International Captain
If i was an Aussie as much as todays batting would be pleasing i would be so angry. Why haven't they shown this much fight earlier in the series?

Tbh I reckon a bit of it is just luck. There have been plenty of balls which haven't carried etc. and on other days they have just gone to hand - gives the illusion that we have actually been 'fighting' better etc.

Spark

Global Moderator

All kinds of reasons, pitch, bowling etc.

It's very tempting but IMO dishonest to just write this off as "oh, it's in a pressure-free situation"

---

I like seeing Watson leaving on length. That's good.

hazsa19

International Regular
All kinds of reasons, pitch, bowling etc.

It's very tempting but IMO dishonest to just write this off as "oh, it's in a pressure-free situation"

---

I like seeing Watson leaving on length. That's good.
Yes. And it must take at least a little bit of time to be able to tell youself to leave anything a tall bowler (such as Tremlett) bowls on length.

It's like expecting touring sides to be able to rock up to Perth and leave everything thats been hitting the stumps for their entire cricketing lives.