• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Famous last words
I wonder what they would do if Beer caught a tummy bug or something and couldn't get out of bed. That's about the only way I can see him not getting a debut, despite the fact that Hauritz or O'Keefe would be a better choice. The only way Bollinger is getting a run is if the other quicks tread on a cricket ball.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
My comment was more a play on words really. I think/hope he'll debut. But relying on that article doesn't mean much considering what happened in Perth.

I reckon they prefer Beer because of his height, O'Keefe is really quite short, although he has a respectable record to date.

Nevertheless Hauritz should definitely be the incumbent still.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My comment was more a play on words really. I think/hope he'll debut. But relying on that article doesn't mean much considering what happened in Perth.

I reckon they prefer Beer because of his height, O'Keefe is really quite short, although he has a respectable record to date.

Nevertheless Hauritz should definitely be the incumbent still.
Short spinners tend to get better flight than tall spinners so the selectors are being stupid if that's the reason. Oh wait, the selectors are pretty stupid these days.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Short spinners tend to get better flight than tall spinners so the selectors are being stupid if that's the reason. Oh wait, the selectors are pretty stupid these days.
:laugh:

I think they're probably looking at what Tall finger spinners like Harris and Vettori do with the drop they get. Both also bowl quite tightly. I THINK i've heard that Beer gives it a bit of a rip too. But we'll see. Hauritz gets a LOT of away drift. The whole situation is quite sad really.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
O'Keefe, frankly, has a sensational record. If anything it's his style of bowling that the selectors don't like.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
O'Keefe > Doherty. Not sure why the non selection, although he was picked in the Australia A game. Yes he has an outstanding record, but it's early days too. Doherty's First Class record is probably more reflective of the talent difference.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Is there a reason why O'Keefe's missed several Sheffield Shield games this season - surely that would be held against him in terms of Test selection?

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Hard team to crack into just quietly.

Their best attack is probably Bollinger, Copeland, Cameron and Hauritz. Then you have Henriques, Coyte, Starc, Clark (who by the way is captain), Smith, Bracken, ****ley, Hazlewood.... I'm getting wood just thinking about it.

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Going all five days. Will be the handsome man trapped in a morphsuit, yelling at Hilfenhaus.

:laugh:

Only just read today that the next Ashes series in Australia will be held a year earlier than usual. Is this confirmed? What does it do to the Ashes series before and after?

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Extremely doubtful, it's been held every 2 years home and away for eons, not sure if they'd be allowed to change it.