• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Craig

World Traveller
I'm not a doctor; I just named the team with the assumption everyone will be fit. If he's not passed fit my team will change.
I'm just assuming you heard something that I didn't, as I turned the TV off for about an hour and a half.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just got around to read the Harris article; no chance in hell he'll be fit for Sydney. I'll replace him with Bollinger pending a review of his fitness. Beyond that, Copeland.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Ponting play with the ashes gone?

Might be relieved of captaincy for not winning the series and therefore might not play.

Whatever happens both the batting and bowling needs a shake up as it clearly isn't good enough at present.

Watson
Hughes
Katich
Hussey
Clarke
Khawaja
Haddin
O'Keefe
Johnson
Siddle
Cameron/Copeland

No chance of that being picked but who cares.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke to return to 5 at the least please. Other than that, need to think. Khawaja in for Smith, probably. Put him in at 4. Hauritz in for Harris for sure IMO.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
No chance of that being picked but who cares.
I hate how the selectors are so predictable it's now automatic to think they wouldn't pick a team like that.

I mean what do we have to lose? The whole point of the series for us is over now... It's the perfect time to start experimenting with some new talent so we can build a better team for the future. Why wait until we have lost more matches/series before we start doing it...

Dissector

International Debutant
Draft the Channel 9 commentary team. You have Lawry and Slater to open the innings. Chappelli as captain. Healy as keeper.Benaud and Warne for spinners. Draft Greig as an honorary Australian and all-rounder.

I guess the Sky blokes would be needed to finish the XI. Athers and Nass round out the batting. Holding and Botham would be handy with the ball and Botham would make a great vice-captain to Chappeli.:ph34r:

Mark Nicholas can be the waterboy.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson
Katich (if not, I guess Marsh. Hughes needs to go, Rogers isn't fit)
Khawaja
Ponting (only because I cbf finding anyone better. He's finished in my eyes)
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Siddle
Bollinger (if fit, if not, I'll go Copeland. Hilf needs to go, Harris is gone)

Midwinter

State Captain
Watson
Davis
Khawaja
Clarke
Hussey
White
Haddin (c)
Beer
Siddle
Copeland
Bollinger

Need to play a team for tomorrow , we know today's team is not up to it.

4 debutants. Stll got the backbone of current team.

Haddin - captain at least he won;t be dropped for the next game and he has captained a first class team before.

Davis - probably scored the most runs of any openers in the shield.Or maybe Ed Cowans ?
Khwaja - deserves his chance
Clark is in by the skin of his teeth, only because of his age

White in because we need a more technically correct batsman than Smith at 6 and can biff the ball when needed and a potential leader
Beer - let's see what the selectors see in him. Hauritz very stiff to miss out.
Copeland -best of the young pacemen. Sorry Hilfty but we will see if any else can pick up 2 tail enders
Bollinger was our best bowler last season, and Bloody Mitchell Johnson, for every game he wins for you, you have to play a man short for 4 games inbetween. He is so inconsistent I''ve had a gutful of him. Give me Harris anyday

Spark

Global Moderator
No way should Beer play above Hauritz.

And you know you have problems when you turn to White as a "more technically correct batsman"

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No way should Beer play above Hauritz.

And you know you have problems when you turn to White as a "more technically correct batsman"
The selectors have been very impatient with their spinners but dropping someone before even playing them would be a bridge too far for even them, surely.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmm... is it still a dropping if he doesn't play? Maybe. It's not like Beer is very young, though... 26, isn't he?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The selectors have been very impatient with their spinners but dropping someone before even playing them would be a bridge too far for even them, surely.
Jon Holland to comment.

Khawaja has to play though, surely. Not sure if any other changes would be made though. Would love to see someone like Copeland come in for Hilfenhaus, but given that it's Sydney you'd think that they might actually Beer. Except what excuse are they going to give for him playing? Unlike the last two Tests he doesn't actually have any local knowledge.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmm... is it still a dropping if he doesn't play? Maybe. It's not like Beer is very young, though... 26, isn't he?
There's just no logical way you can see them changing their mind on him though. What's happened between when he got picked in the squad and now? It's not like he's bowled and looked poor, even over an extremely small sample size.

The only logic that sees Hauritz picked ahead of Beer existed when Beer was picked in the first place. Nothing's changed to change their minds - it's not going to happen and if it does then it's even more worrying than the poor selection in the first place.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's just no logical way you can see them changing their mind on him though. What's happened between when he got picked in the squad and now? It's not like he's bowled and looked poor, even over an extremely small sample size.

The only logic that sees Hauritz picked ahead of Beer existed when Beer was picked in the first place. Nothing's changed to change their minds - it's not going to happen and if it does then it's even more worrying than the poor selection in the first place.
:unsure: