• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ring the SCG mate, Brenda at reception will **** you around for half an hour then give you the good oil.
:laugh: Going to try ringing them tomorrow. I'll post back here with the times if anyone else is thinking of heading along. Providing I don't run into a similar problem like Burgey :laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's funny how insignificant this feels at the moment, I reckon when people look back in five or ten years it'll be seen as a huge missed opportunity if England don't take the series.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a shame the test is moved back a day compared to previously. It means only one night for most people before they have to get up for work the next day, rather than two.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who thinks this Test is still crucial. 3-1 to 2-2 is a huge difference.

pskov

International 12th Man
The result of this final test is very important for posterity. If England take the series 3-1, then an average observer in 50 years time glancing through Ashes history will see England winning 3 of 4 Ashes series and being the first side to win the Ashes away from home since 2001 and assume an era of English domination - it certainly didn't feel that way living through it.

Woodster

International Captain
I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who thinks this Test is still crucial. 3-1 to 2-2 is a huge difference.
I agree mate, still a massive Test. Ultimately we've achieved what we set out to achieve by retaining the Ashes, but the opportunity to seal an Ashes series victory is very very real, we cannot let it slip.

Especially when we've played such good cricket, it would be a real kick in the teeth to only share the series spoils.

Woodster

International Captain
It's a shame the test is moved back a day compared to previously. It means only one night for most people before they have to get up for work the next day, rather than two.
For most people, for others that have the full week off it doesn't change anything!! Happy days.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets hope this last test is not as one sided as some. I want a drawn series out of a strong chance to win the ashes prediction competition here. Having said that my proposed Aussie XI looks something like this: S. Watson, P. Hughes, M. Viduka (*), M. Clarke, M. Hussey, A. Hilditch, B. Haddin(+), M. Johnson, A. Noffke, B. Casson and B. Hilfenhaus

TumTum

Banned
Put in Cahill instead of that slow ball hog Viduka 8-)

Just found out now that Katich is still injured and Hughes keeps his spot :happy:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guess that means the McGrath Foundation is doing its thing this year as well. Good to see; is it meant to be an annual thing now?