• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All the bragging you ****s do about climate and this is the second time your weather has tried to sabotage an innings defeat

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
"I think we can wait a little bit longer"

Yeah thanks Nass, I haven't got work in the morning or anything :@

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Loving Sky's choice of music on the montages. Was Elbow after day 3 & ELO after yesterday's play which they've just shown again.

Although Mr Blue Sky maybe a bit of a piss take in a rain break...

Jacknife

International Captain
Loving Sky's choice of music on the montages. Was Elbow after day 3 & ELO after yesterday's play which they've just shown again.

Although Mr Blue Sky maybe a bit of a piss take in a rain break...
Yes ,loved the Colly montage earlier, very emotional.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm. Interesting one, we probably bowled better at points, but we weren't rolling Australia out for subpar totals as often as we have done here.
Yeah, but against a far, far better Australian team in 2005.

Personally rate that England bowling performance higher. Given it was against a team that were arguably the best for quite a long time and had been largely unbeaten over a long period.

While I don't want to take anything away from this England team,as they've bowled very, very well, the Australian team they're playing at the moment just doesn't compare at all. They're arguably playing the worst we've seen any Aussie team play for some time. England's effort to make them look largely very ordinary in every single test of the series has to be applauded too however.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia really need to look at the way that cricket is run in this county. We need to start selecting three separate squads and not picking our best 15 players to play in all forms. I think it was mentioned somewhere that only Pietersen and Collingwood were regulars in the 20/20 team, while only Hughes and Ponting weren't in the Australian team. I think that has shown.

Let's have some sense to our selection. We picked left arm spinners to get one man out - Kevin Pietersen, other than Adelaide he didn't really have that much influence on the series. What a joke!

If it is true that Ricky Ponting didn't want Hauritz in the team because they had a personality clash then Ponting can no longer be our captain. All good when your team is winning to pick mates you get on with, but if you're not winning, suck it up.
Could not agree more.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Peter Siddle. WAC. Get out already. Steve Smith can bat through though, and hopefully begin to look more impressive. Just to annoy TumTum.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given how hard we've fought for most of this test match, I think a draw would be the only fair result.

Edit: Bugger...they're back on!

Woodster

International Captain
Steve Smith gets into some horrible positions when he's batting. I'm all for unorthodoxy, but everything about his balance and footwork is wrong.

Slapped that one quite nicely though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Siddle is actually quite a fair bat. Late cut!
I reckon Siddle's batting would be a lot better if he kept his head stiller and his eye on the ball longer. I've noticed he tends to look in the direction of where he's trying to hit it well and truly before the ball has made contact.