Page 155 of 241 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3604
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by hazsa19 View Post
    I'm amazed as to how a team with a middle order of Ponting/Clarke/Hussey, all averaging close to 50, are labelled as so terrible.

Surely more credit should go to England rather than talking about how pathetic the opposittion are.
    Keeping in mind they have already been out of form for a while.

It's the mode of dismissals that have repeatedly rocked our batting line up that has meant criticism against Aus rather than complete accolades for England. They've obviously bowled well, but we've batted shockingly
    Last edited by GotSpin; 04-01-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    No can't say it comes to mind, I just remember thinking he did pretty good last summer for you.
    He only bowled 1 good ball, which spun to take MoYo's off-stump iirc. The rest were gifts.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    So given there were boos in that situation at Headingly, you're saying your own home crowds have no class?
    Haha, twisting my words somewhat there

I'm saying some of our supporters have acted without class in the past, yes
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Nah he bowled quite well. Bowled with a lot more overspin, resulting in more dismissals to slip/bat-pad etc.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Haha, twisting my words somewhat there

I'm saying some of our supporters have acted without class in the past, yes
    But when some of the supporters here do it the whole "home crowd" lacks class?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Keeping in mind they have already been out of form for a while.

It's the mode of dismissals that have repeatedly rocked our batting line up that have accorded criticism against Aus rather than complete accolades for England. They've obviously bowled well, but we've batted shockingly
    And they've never been out of form before? Players of their calibre and longevity have played themselves into form before.

England have kept them out of form with tight bowling, it's so important not to give them a chance to get away and feel bat on ball. As they're out of form, they get out to shots that look ordinary.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    But when some of the supporters here do it the whole "home crowd" lacks class?
    Go and reply to DingDong's thread and stop twisting my words

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Go and reply to DingDong's thread and stop twisting my words
    Lol... Well said!!

And they've never been out of form before? Players of their calibre and longevity have played themselves into form before.

England have kept them out of form with tight bowling, it's so important not to give them a chance to get away and feel bat on ball. As they're out of form, they get out to shots that look ordinary.
    I didn't say England have bowled anything but great tight bowling. But the dismissals themselves have at least 70% of the time been from terrible shots. Whether the tight bowling directly leads to bad shots is another matter, but it remains that Australia have batted far poorly than England have bowled well.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Pretty fantastic day. Some dubious decision making, by umpires and players alike, but that's cricket. The Barmy Army were fantastic once more.

Johnson, Watto and Beer the only of our boys to come out with any respect today. Don't have anything new to say that I haven't said before the series started, which is pretty frustrating.
    Last edited by Nate; 05-01-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Well batted Belly. Loved hearing the boos when he got the ton asit is all Australia can do, they certainly can't play cricket.

This game is too easy like the series has been, just bat on and on tomorrow until we are all out then win by an innings. Let the ****s boo then.

I'm amazed as to how a team with a middle order of Ponting/Clarke/Hussey, all averaging close to 50, are labelled as so terrible.

Surely more credit should go to England rather than talking about how pathetic the opposittion are.
    The batting has been an issue for a while now, batting collapses and underachieving with the bat mainly in the 1st innings has become a common theme for Australian cricket in the last 2-3 years.
    That's why there is desperate need to make changes to the top-order and that itself would go a long way in lifting us from these woes. The Aussie bowlers have been getting a fair deal of stick from everywhere, but tbt batting is really the root of the problem.
    Regarding Clarke's captaincy, he is no doubt a better captain than Ponting as far as the tactical side of things are concerned, which was obvious from his LO stints itself, but don't think we need him in the side just for his captaincy skills.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Pretty fantastic day. Some dubious decision making, by umpires and players alike, but that's cricket. The Barmy Army were fantastic once more.

Johnson, Watto and Beer the only of our boys to come out with any respect today. Don't have anything new to say that I haven't said before the series started, which is pretty frustrating.
    Johnson? Looked like he was all over the shop again from what I saw. I missed some of the play, though.

Yeah though Johnson was shocking today. Bowled some real rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    The batting has been an issue for a while now, batting collapses and underachieving with the bat mainly in the 1st innings has become a common theme for Australian cricket in the last 2-3 years.
    That's why there is desperate need to make changes to the top-order and that itself would go a long way in lifting us from these woes. The Aussie bowlers have been getting a fair deal of stick from everywhere, but tbt batting is really the root of the problem.
    Regarding Clarke's captaincy, he is no doubt a better captain than Ponting as far as the tactical side of things are concerned, which was obvious from his LO stints itself, but don't think we need him in the side just for his captaincy skills.
    Yeah the batting has been woeful for a long time now. That's basically why the English bowlers aren't been congratulated as much as Australia has been criticised.

Thread Information