• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Spark

Global Moderator
Can't help but feel there's an Aussie director somewhere trying to ping England for ball tampering.
Amazing isn't it? 20 overs in and one side had looked like it'd been through a shredder.

And yes I know this post can be interpreted in multiple ways.

Redbacks

International Captain
Not happy about it tbh.

We're gonna lose a freakish number of tests in the next little while I feel but then the more tests we play the sooner we can stop losing.
Do you think more domestic cricket would be a better standard than Bangladesh?

Spark

Global Moderator
Do you think more domestic cricket would be a better standard than Bangladesh?
Didn't think we'd be playing domestic stuff in April? Agree absolutely that we have to reintegrate the Test squad into Sheffield Shield though, especially with the spicier pitches running around nowadays. No one, and I mean no one, in this country has the technique to handle a spell like Anderson's. Batsmen will try, keep out the straight ones, leave the wide ones, but eventually one will pitch on/just outside off stump on a good length and move away and...

Encouraging everyone to go have a spell in county cricket could help too.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
Didn't think we'd be playing domestic stuff in April? Agree absolutely that we have to reintegrate the Test squad into Sheffield Shield though, especially with the spicier pitches running around nowadays. No one, and I mean no one, in this country has the technique to handle a spell like Anderson's. Batsmen will try, keep out the straight ones, leave the wide ones, but eventually one will pitch on/just outside off stump on a good length and move away and...

Encouraging everyone to go have a spell in county cricket could help too.
Mark Cosgrove :cool:

JBH001

International Regular
Swann bowling too quick here, that was a couple of balls in the 100kmh. He really needs to slow it down a little.

Haddin looking good here after a couple of near chances.

Spark

Global Moderator
Make them bowl you a GOOD BALL to get you out ffs! Run-outs and whacking long-hops to gully...

Still, can forgive Hussey for keeping us afloat for half the series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bloody hell. Even their long hops are producing catches!! Well taken.

Great series Hussey. Kept us in it for longer than we deserved tbh.

JBH001

International Regular
Good catch by KP it has to be said. Bresnan was due a wicket from an ordinary delivery.

Has Australia ever lost a series by 3 innings defeats? Don't think they've ever suffered that.

Ruckus

International Captain
Why do I get the feeling we are going to have to endure another year or so of bad Hussey form...

Craig

World Traveller
Good catch by KP it has to be said. Bresnan was due a wicket from an ordinary delivery.

Has Australia ever lost a series by 3 innings defeats? Don't think they've ever suffered that.
Bangladesh and Zimbabwe aside, I think you'd be hard pressed to find if that has ever happened at all, in every Test that has been played.