• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

hazsa19

International Regular
To be fair, I've watched plenty of him at Yorkshire.
Yup and the problem is that I and many other will have only seen his odi performances. Where he just seems to go wide of the stumps and keep things tight.

This is a completly different bowler.

Flem274*

123/5
Yep, Broad > Bresnan. Great to have Bresnan and Finn ready to come in though.
I know it's a small sample, but Bresnan has impressed me more than Broad. Broad is decent, but seems to go for periods between drinks, so to speak. I'd lean towards retaining Bresnan at this stage.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is Khawaja being sooo stodgy? Even Clarke's pulling out the shots, ffs.

Clarke to get out soon, I can feel it. *knocks on wood*

Bun

Banned
Six consecutive failures, no matter how good the bowling was, should be a potential career ender for Hughes. A shame as he is still young but also a chance for him to go back and tighten his technique and make a comeback. But at the moment, wit each passing game, his twin hundreds in SA are looking more and more flukey.

Ruckus

International Captain
Six consecutive failures, no matter how good the bowling was, should be a potential career ender for Hughes. A shame as he is still young but also a chance for him to go back and tighten his technique and make a comeback. But at the moment, wit each passing game, his twin hundreds in SA are looking more and more flukey.
He was picked on the ****test form of his life, you can't really give him too much criticism. That being said though, he definately does need to go back to FC and work out some technical flaws in his game.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yup and the problem is that I and many other will have only seen his odi performances. Where he just seems to go wide of the stumps and keep things tight.

This is a completly different bowler.
Yes, I think just bowling ODi and 20/20 stuff, really affected his first class bowling. Working with Saker seems to have brought him back, to how he used to bowl.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't see why people talk about "Hughes' last Test" and "career ending". Understandable if he heads back to state cricket, but can't see why a guy who is 21 can't come back.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was given the tour to SL, pitches may suit him somewhat with the lower bounce and being able to control his shots a bit better and stay on top of them. Still not particularly convinced about him against spin, ITBT, but I still think that the selectors will persevere with him. If only because there's few whacking the door down for a game at the top of the order.

Spark

Global Moderator
He was picked on the ****test form of his life, you can't really give him too much criticism. That being said though, he definately does need to go back to FC and work out some technical flaws in his game.
Let's forget about him being squared up to basically everything on off stump, he needs to get some legside shots. It frustrates so much to see what would ordinarily be poor balls and rank long-hops being blocked or fended away uncomfortably.

slippy888

International Captain
Guys the wicket is flat, bresnan and swann batted with ease surely the likes of Clarke and Hussey can get big hundreds and save this test match.

Bun

Banned
People still think Australia has a chance to win this? Lol. They should try to salvage a draw and minimise the damage.

hazsa19

International Regular
Yeh don't see much point in trying to salvage a draw. Would much prefer if the guys play their shots and try and give the crowd something to cheer about.
That's a very 'English' thing to do. I would have thought the Aussie public would much rather see a couple of days of old-school Aussie grit and determination, and a bit of skill, which has been lacking.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh don't see much point in trying to salvage a draw. Would much prefer if the guys play their shots and try and give the crowd something to cheer about.
You're joking right? What's the point of hitting a few flashy fours when we could suffer our third innings loss in a series. This is a seriously bad mentality and characterises Australia's batting in the last three years. All flashy with no grit or determination.