• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Bun

Banned
england must bat on and on and on and on... 2-1 and 3-1 scoreline aren't that different considering both objectives have been achieved, to win a test series and retain the Ashes...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sounds like I missed a bit of controversy whilst having a little sleep. Hope they show a replay soon.

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The fact that Bell had to ask Prior before he used the referral really should of been enough for Dar to lean towards the original out decision.

People also seem to be forgetting all the incorrect decisions that have been correctly reversed by UDRS in this series. The system isn't perfect but its getting more right than wrong. It can only get better as umpires get more experienced in using it, or so one would think.

Bun

Banned
Well there's more than 2 days of cricket left in this test match, in which we need a draw or a win to win the test series.
I think you misread my post. I was implying England if they bat on and on will have the test drawn. They need not push at all for a win in this test even from the dominant position they are in now, except for bragging rights of a 3-1 demolition job. They need not make "adventourous" declarations at any cost.

hazsa19

International Regular
I think you misread my post. I was implying England if they bat on and on will have the test drawn. They need not push at all for a win in this test even from the dominant position they are in now, except for bragging rights of a 3-1 demolition job. They need not make "adventourous" declarations at any cost.
Yep I tried to backtrack ^^^

hazsa19

International Regular
Argh i'm trying to tell myself that Australia have demolished us and rubbed our faces in it for years. Warne and Gilly have conned the umpires into giving our heroic batsmen out at least a million times.

Yet I just can't help but wish Bell had been given rightfully out. I don't want there to be anything that might undermine this a tiny little bit

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bell getting a hundred will just top this Ashes series for me, has been my favourite English player for a while now, with Anderson a close second.