• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For **** sake, it's clear as day it's out. Why can't they use the schnicko?? They use it straight after and it shows it perfectly. Don't care that it's an England player, it's just so dumb. Use technology properly if you're going to use it.

Burgey

Suck **** Bell. Wear it.

FMD, how about the noise, now snicko too? Why don't they use the sound effect? He's cut that in half and knows it frankly (adopting the mind-reading from facial expression logic used against Hughes today).

Bun

Banned
So there's something that shows up on hotspot with KP but it's given not out, nothing shows up on hotspot with Bell despite a noise and given not out. Weird.

Hot spot is flawed and should go. Stick with schnicko, more reliable for mine.
Snicko takes more time. It also requires manual intervention to match sound with the visual, and hence the slightest error can mean a genuine edge can come as if it has come from the pyjamas.

Zinzan

Have to say it was a pretty calculated risk from Bell given they hadn't used any challenges thus far. Well played son

JBH001

International Regular
They need to incorporate snicko for UDRS, I think. Also, this shows up one of the negatives of UDRS in that it makes umpires, in this case Dar who is one of the best umpires in the world, to doubt themselves. Dar should have trusted his call and given Bell out.

vcs

People were blaming the BCCI not accepting UDRS for a faint nick (which probably didn't carry and certainly wasn't appealed for) not being given yesterday. :dry: Technology, it's perfect, eh?

hazsa19

International Regular
Jeez when this game goes against you it really does. Tough break.

It was the thinnest of thin edges, maybe batsmen will start to review regulation thin edges hoping nothing shows up.

But if they don't rely on the hot-spot it opens up another can of worms.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmm a bit strange from C9. I'm pretty sure that Bell doesn't think feel he's hit it.

Somewhat reminiscent of a Clarke review in Hobart last year where there was a noise but no hot-spot. In that case though the noise just came out of nowhere...

Top_Cat

Seriously, can anyone explain to me how that situation differs from Roach's in Perth two years ago where the umpire's decision stood? Bear in mind I'm only following the CI feed.

benchmark00

Snicko takes more time. It also requires manual intervention to match sound with the visual, and hence the slightest error can mean a genuine edge can come as if it has come from the pyjamas.
I understand it takes human intervention, however you can differentiate between the noise of a genuine edge and that of a bit of clothing. The edges are higher and thinner... if you know what i mean... and the hitting of the clothing/pad is shorter and more broad. You can tell the difference easily.

Burgey

Jeez when this game goes against you it really does. Tough break.

It was the thinnest of thin edges, maybe batsmen will start to review regulation thin edges hoping nothing shows up.

But if they don't rely on the hot-spot it opens up another can of worms.
Saying on the ABC that batsmen are starting to do just that, with really faint nicks.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously, can anyone explain to me how that situation differs from Roach's in Perth two years ago where the umpire's decision stood? Bear in mind I'm only following the CI feed.
No clue.

Still have no idea why the replay with the stump mic. Was a massive noise.