• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

JBH001

International Regular
Oooh, this is a tough one. Umpires call, is it?

Edit/ Watson bowled well in this spell. But why would Bell appeal it if he thought he hadn't nicked it?

Edit 2/ Interesting that Dar reversed his decision when the 3rd umpire said it was his call. I must say I thought it was out in real time.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Long bow James, I'd be massively surprised if it's not either a England victory or a draw, then again, until the fat lady gets her vocal cords into action, you never know.
You and I as Kiwis know, you never write those Aussies off. They've stuffed us often enough.

I think this will finish up being an England victory though but I believe it will be a lot closer than what a lot of other people think. Perhaps a 3-4 wicket victory.

pasag

RTDAS
If our batsmen had half the temperament and composure of Cook, we may have been competitive in this series.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raced back home from work to watch Cook make his double. :(

Well played, Cook. Pity his concentration slipped to what was really an undemanding delivery, but you get that after 491 minutes at the crease. What a series he has had.
Agree, apparently batted over 32 hours in the series

benchmark00

So there's something that shows up on hotspot with KP but it's given not out, nothing shows up on hotspot with Bell despite a noise and given not out. Weird.

Hot spot is flawed and should go. Stick with schnicko, more reliable for mine.

hazsa19

International Regular
They didn't even use the normal replay, because on that it sounds like a very clicky edge...

We await snicko.

Top_Cat

So no mark on hotspot is enough to overturn an ump's decision now even if there's a noise on snicko? Kemar Roach wants a word. Or have I got the sequence of events wrong?

Last edited: