• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series feels like a real-life version of a script that you and GIMH might come up with. :laugh:
Not even i thought we'd only be 5 down at tea. yes i expected 400 as the attack is toothless but to have made such serene progress today (yet again) has been a surprise.

The lack of quality in this side is alarming.

Top_Cat

To be fair they deserve it.

Dross today again.
No argument there.

Another big loss here and I could see some massive changes in the Aussie line-up. Over half the team would be at risk of losing their spot for the forseeable future. England have been great but I doubt I've ever seen an Aussie team hand it to them like this series nor the sheer stubborn retentions of clearly out-of-their-depth players.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Tch that woman who got a free trip to Aus to watch the Ashes for having a Cricket related twitter account is on TMS.

Lucky *****

Craig

World Traveller
Just imagining the blowback to a third innings loss at home (two in a row) would do if it were to go down that way here. Shudder to think.
Out of interest, and genuine question too, has that happened before in Tests, in any series to any team? In that I mean by longer then three Tests, and against real Test teams.

Spark

Global Moderator
All I can say is that there will be much relief for some that we don't play tests for quite a long time.

Top_Cat

Out of interest, and genuine question too, has that happened before in Tests, in any series to any team? In that I mean by longer then three Tests, and against real Test teams.
tbh, I was just wondering that myself and I can't think of it happening to anyone not named Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
heh, the Cricinfo guy is scathing of the Aussies, some of the recent comments are bordering on spiteful.

some poor pathetic loser sitting at his computer on his *** typing out the details of every minute of the game.. what do u expect?

hate the cricinfo commentary- talking as if they've played the game before- if i want commentary i'll listen to ian chappel/botham/bumble etc . They should just type the bear essentials and keep their irritating sentiments to themselves.

flibbertyjibber

tbh, I was just wondering that myself and I can't think of it happening to anyone not named Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.
Even we weren't that poor in the 90's, well at least it doesn't stick in memeory we were. mostly been erased now.:laugh:

Got to be a statmans dream this series with Cook and Hilfenhaus setting various records at differing ends of the scale.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
All you have to do is look at the difference in the pitch maps throughout the series. One team is bowling with a purpose and a plan, the other isn't. The batting has fallen apart but the bowling has been just as bad, besides the Johnson blue moon and Harris. Hussey has been the only Australian batsman with continued application. In every single aspect of cricket this test series, England have outplayed Australia. They lost in Perth because a unicorn decided to appear, but thats it. Should go on to lose this by an innings

benchmark00

some poor pathetic loser sitting at his computer on his *** typing out the details of every minute of the game.. what do u expect?

hate the cricinfo commentary- talking as if they've played the game before- if i want commentary i'll listen to ian chappel/botham/bumble etc . They should just type the bear essentials and keep their irritating sentiments to themselves.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Hilfy has to go, like the guy, but he just doesnt get the wickets. is it 5 wickets in 4 tests? And just bowls too wide. England's back up pacers Bresnan and Tremlett have given a masterclass really in how to bowl pressure overs and landing it in the right spot. Insane how our bowlers have lost that art, even guys like Merv Hughes didnt bowl this bad. Johnson builds up no pressure, its one monumental fluke if he gets it right. How many series losses do we have to suffer IN A ROW before he gets the chop for good? I can deal with the bowlers being crap, its the batting that miffs me. Guys averaging 45+ and some over 50 just not doing the job, yet a guy like Cook who looks like he has one scoring shot can make 700+ runs and look like he's having the most extended net session of all time, not even sweating. Not happy at all. Its quite possible we wont win any of our next 3 test series either, can you really see us beating South Africa in SA later this year? My god, Steyn will destroy our feeble lineup. Cant even see India doing anything else than beating us 4-0 here next summer, if they have Sachin and Laxman. Sachin is handling Steyn easily, he will murder this crap attack, in some seriousness. I dont think there are many answers either, we might just have to suck it up, BIG TIME.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
No argument there.

Another big loss here and I could see some massive changes in the Aussie line-up. Over half the team would be at risk of losing their spot for the forseeable future. England have been great but I doubt I've ever seen an Aussie team hand it to them like this series nor the sheer stubborn retentions of clearly out-of-their-depth players.
Yep, win lose or draw this game one thing is quite obvious. This is a very poor Australian team. Its hard to think of a single bright spot for Australia this series

Burgey

Starting with Hilf after tea. Suppose you have to run with your most penetrating bowler.

hazsa19

International Regular
Hilfy has to go, like the guy, but he just doesnt get the wickets. is it 5 wickets in 4 tests? And just bowls too wide. England's back up pacers Bresnan and Tremlett have given a masterclass really in how to bowl pressure overs and landing it in the right spot. Insane how our bowlers have lost that art, even guys like Merv Hughes didnt bowl this bad. Johnson builds up no pressure, its one monumental fluke if he gets it right. How many series losses do we have to suffer IN A ROW before he gets the chop for good? I can dal with the bowlers being crap, its the batting that miffs me. Guys averaging 45+ and some over 50 just doing the job, yet a guy like Cook who looks like he has one scoring shot can make 700+ runs. Not happy at all. Its quite possible we wont win any of our next 3 test series either, can you really see us beating South Africa in SA later this year? My god, Steyn will destroy our feeble lineup. Cant even see India doing anything else than beating us 4-0 here next summer, if they have Sachin and Laxman. Sachin is handling Steyn easily, he will murder this crap attack. I dont think there are many answers either, we might just have to suck it up, BIG TIME

I think I just climaxed.

Top_Cat

Even we weren't that poor in the 90's, well at least it doesn't stick in memeory we were. mostly been erased now.:laugh:
1993 and some parts of 2001 come to mind but at least England could say they were beaten by an awesome team full of in-form players. England look like doing this in a canter whilst carrying their number 5 and with, what, 3(?) gigantic batting collapses in the series. Just good professional Test cricket too, no flashes of god-like brilliance.

Last edited: